Cdn Lynx and Bobcat

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Keith, Jun 17, 2007.

1. I havent posted in quite some time. This forum is new :)

Dont know about you life is busy this time of year ??? , I actually havent shot in over 5 weeks then took a trip down to Montana and got my fill :biggrin:

Cdn Lynx

original.

original.

Bobcat

original.

original.

http://www.pbase.com/keithrankin

2. Dave_Canada

Dave_Canada Guest

All great shots especially the second one .

3. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Keith,
    I have to agree...awesome pics, especially #2...looks like he was posing for you.

4. amazing pictures Keith, wonderful to see them i have nver seen one must have been a thrill! just perfect clarity and sharpness!

5. Wonderful shots - id does not get much better!

6. Thanks Dave, seems to be the theme :)

Much appreciated Sypher!
    Thanks Andreas, it was a first for me on the bobcat, but both very cool to be able to photograph. Only thing that would have made it better was better lighting but beggers cant be choosers :)

7. Wow. You caught them in nature? I would be very excited!
    The second one is cool, especially with that reflection. The third one of the bobcat however I like the most, I think because of the low perspective.

8. Nice work, Keith. I'm a sucker for reflections, so I love #2.

9. Talk about GORGEOUS! I'd hang every one of these on my wall! Like everyone else I especially like #2 but hey, they're all stunning! Where exactly did you take these? sanctuary? refuge? where? Inquiring photographers wanna know! LOL!:rolleyes::biggrin:

10. Thank you kindsir :)
    I photographed these at the triple D, closest to nature I will see them :) and trust me I was just as excited. These are not overly tame animals and dont pose for you ;)
    Thanks Dave, dont feel bad, me too :)
    Triple D game farm in Kalispell Montana, they cater to photogs. Worth every penny. this in my opinion would be a better shoot in winter time. I wanted to photograph a arctic fox in the worst way but wasnt meant to happen, maybe Feb :biggrin:

11. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Great images. My mom (85 years young) works in a rescue center for big cats. When a Lynx purrs is like a chain saw, especially when its leaning on you:)

12. What a thrill that would be :)

13. Keith

2nd and 3rd are just great. I particularly like the in long grass effect with cats - gives that "out hunting" feel to a picture.

14. Thank you Simon, me too :)

15. sfaribault

sfaribault

Feb 21, 2006
    Colorado
    #2 is great... The rest are also good..

Steve

16. Thanks Steve, appreciated!