cell phone roaming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrdinh, Apr 28, 2005.

1. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    here in n. dakota...the reception for sprint cell phones sucks...i'm thinking of adding to my bill a add roaming extra fee charge ...

do you think the reception will help with roaming? or should i just quit sprint and go with the local cell company...i never roamed ever before...

if i quit sprint, they will charge quite a bit to early cancel their contract

help please

thanks

2. Sprint cell coverage sucks period!! I had Sprint for three years, and the coverage in my area is not as good as Cingular. :x :x :x :x

3. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    so what to do?...cancel and pay the stupid fee and start all over?

4. Coverage on Verizon is very good. Don't know about the Dakota's though. Would be worth looking into.

5. Phat, as I noted on the other forum, changing and paying the fee may still cost you less even in the short run than dealing with Roaming. One thing to remember about Verizon and Cingular, they have been buying up the smaller regional carriers around the country and converting to Digital as quickly as they can. This will continue, and things will only get worse for Sprint.

6. quit, pay the fee and find a suitible service. Bill says it best above.

7. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Roaming is when the phone moves out of it's local range and picks up other carriers, it then routes a call through the available service.

Your phone won't roam in your local area. And you're phone roams automatically when you move out of your area.

I doubt roaming would help your reception any - and man would it suck to have to pay roaming fees when making a call from your house.

Out here in CA, Sprint has a very bad rap for poor coverage and dropping calls - I've personally known several ex-Sprint friends, though I've never tried Sprint myself, mostly from their experiences. I've had service through Cingular and the now "Verizon" which are both excellent.