Cemeteries in New Orleans

A few from last week, more on my site.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love the way cemeteries draw on emotions. It's hard to take a bad photo in a cemetery, I think. Nice images, Jacques.

Diane,

I have at least 3 galleries of NOLA pix on my website. I get there 3-4 times a year.
geez, wish I could win the lottery and buy a bunch of your prints! I saw so many that I love! You really know how to capture the essence of Louisiana and gotta admit I want to pay a long visit back home myself. I'm just not brave enough to go to Mardi Gras - I'll stick to going to a few plantations, gardens, etc. I've also bookmarked your website so I can sit back with my coffee and enjoy the slide shows.:wink:

A few more.

Here's another similar to #2.

Though not BW, here's what I really like, faded artificial flowers against the BW graves. Sort of like muted color popping but better in my opinion.

JusPlainCrayzee

Administrator
Administrator
I love the architectural element found in cemeteries with respect to the stones, monuments and mausoleums, and NO has some great burial sites. Very nice, Jacques - thanks for showing these!!

These happen to be from Greenwood and Lafayette#1, but the city is dotted with large and small cemeteries. When I have to shoot midday I tend to do BW conversions, but when I can get shade or overcast I like the muted colors. Tempted to shoot at dusk/night but NOLA cemeteries are not the safest places to hang out alone after dark.