Cemeteries in New Orleans

A few from last week, more on my site.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love the way cemeteries draw on emotions. It's hard to take a bad photo in a cemetery, I think. Nice images, Jacques.

Diane,

I have at least 3 galleries of NOLA pix on my website. I get there 3-4 times a year.
geez, wish I could win the lottery and buy a bunch of your prints! I saw so many that I love! You really know how to capture the essence of Louisiana and gotta admit I want to pay a long visit back home myself. I'm just not brave enough to go to Mardi Gras - I'll stick to going to a few plantations, gardens, etc. I've also bookmarked your website so I can sit back with my coffee and enjoy the slide shows.:wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A few more.

Here's another similar to #2.

Though not BW, here's what I really like, faded artificial flowers against the BW graves. Sort of like muted color popping but better in my opinion.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I love the architectural element found in cemeteries with respect to the stones, monuments and mausoleums, and NO has some great burial sites. Very nice, Jacques - thanks for showing these!!

These happen to be from Greenwood and Lafayette#1, but the city is dotted with large and small cemeteries. When I have to shoot midday I tend to do BW conversions, but when I can get shade or overcast I like the muted colors. Tempted to shoot at dusk/night but NOLA cemeteries are not the safest places to hang out alone after dark.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom