Central Floridians... I need your opinion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mdruiz, Aug 8, 2008.

1. mdruiz

mdruiz

Feb 18, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Has anyone living in the Central Florida have any dealings with Harmon Photo located Winter Park, FL.

Also has anyone taking any of there classes?

Let me know!

2. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Harmon Photo is a good place. I've always been treated well and felt that the folks behind the counter were knowledgeable and friendly. One of the instructors is here on the Cafe. He's the one who told me about this place.

3. Another good one is Marshall's Camera in Auburndale. Their prices are a little higher than online, but very knowledgable and been around for ever. Family owned and opperated. Haven't been up to Harmons,sorry.
    http://www.marshallscamera.com/
    Tim

4. My only experience at Harmon's was when I went in to browse around. Stopped at the counter to speak to the sales guy about lenses. Asked about Sigma lenses and his response was not to buy them. When I asked him why, his response was they just fall apart. He told me a guy came in to the store and placed his Sigma lens on the counter which had fallen apart.

I lost a lot of respect for the store that day because of that. Have never had a problem at Colonial Photo just down the road.

5. mdruiz

mdruiz

Feb 18, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I asked the same question...and got the same exact answer...but to be honest Colonial Photo, no longer sell Sigma for the same reason well thats what they told me.

So 2 stores within 3 miles of each other both say the same thing...I dont know...

6. I didn't care for them. I asked for a price on a lens, they gave me a good price, I said great I'm on my way, and drove all the way in from Titusville (east coast) and then they said, oh no, we couldn't sell it to you for that price! Bought it any way unfortunately because I was leaving the next day on a trip. I should have went to Colonial Photo and Hobby!
    Truth is, the best class you could take is to drive around Merritt Island NWR and Viera for a few days! :smile:

7. Then both must have a motive for stating such a preposterous fact. I've owned a number of Sigma lenses and they've been very well built and never experienced an issue with any of them.

Now with that, I couldn't agree more!

8. mdruiz

mdruiz

Feb 18, 2008
    Orlando, FL

That why I ask here, I've heard alot of good things about Sigma...

Btw Kevin, nice website