Cessna 195

What a beautiful C195... I wonder what if flies like. With that big radial engine up front it must be difficult to see when taxing.... I guess you zig and zag when you are taxing to see what is up front.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"shiny!!!!" - Georgie Beagle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, you have to do an S-pattern to taxi on those.
One you get to speed on take-off, as with all tail-draggers, the tail lifts, the nose lowers, and you can see.

I have flown in a few tail draggers (even bi-planes), but never been in a C195.

You wanted more tail-draggers. They are coming soon. Keep an eye in this Forum. Comments and improvements always welcome.

Yes, you have to do an S-pattern to taxi on those.
One you get to speed on take-off, as with all tail-draggers, the tail lifts, the nose lowers, and you can see.

I have flown in a few tail draggers (even bi-planes), but never been in a C195.

You wanted more tail-draggers. They are coming soon. Keep an eye in this Forum. Comments and improvements always welcome.
Yes, more please. My instructor on the Canuck when i was learning to fly tail draggers always made me do the S-pattern taxi even though the visibility on the Canuck is pretty good. He wanted to get me in the habit of doing the S-pattern as he was trying to break me of my bad C150 habits....

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"mom, lets go flying..." - Georgie Beagle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I learned on a C150 - lovely little plane. Have a friend that has one here. Hopefully I'll go fly when we can go out.
In the meantime, lots of photos to process from last year.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom