1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

CF Card for D200?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Dave67, Aug 31, 2008.

1. So I finally bit the bullet & have a D200 body coming this week. Would like some advise on getting a CF card… A friend who shoots a canon rebel advises me to get a sandisk extreme 3 or better – but I can get a plain verbatim cf card for less than half that price ( no speeds for this quoted on box ). I won’t be shooting sports really so Im wondering if any D200 users have any problems using slower cards in their cameras. I assume the buffer on the D200 would allow using slower cards ok?

2. Most cards will work fine, but I'd suggest biting another bullet and investing in better memory cards. I only use the Extreme III cards, but the Ultra cards would work for 99% of the shots I take. Unless you're shooting sports, or some other subject that requires a prolonged, rapid burst of shots, speed makes little difference.

3. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I have used nothing but Lexar in mt Minolta DLSRs, and now in my D200. Sandisk is not the only good card, and in fact, Sandisk is the favorite target of counterfeit card makers.

Transcend also gets high marks from users.

4. fishnfst

fishnfst

Dec 11, 2007
    ca
    I just purchased some Ridata CF cards that were highly recommended by a friend.. He has been using his for over a year with no problems...

I previouslyused sd cards by lexar pro, and sandisk extreme III with great results as well..

I purchased a 2gb extreme III just to have something to use until my new cf cards showed up.. They were only $29 at staples locally...

5. JCole

JCole Guest

In addition to the replies you have this far another thing to consider is a faster card will have faster transfer speeds when using a card reader.

6. Thanks guys - think I will go get one of the better name cards...you get what you pay for I guess.

7. yes you do...
    and good memory is very cheap these days
    buy name brand from reputable folks and you'll be fine

good luck

8. STSinNYC

STSinNYC

Sep 15, 2008
    NY, NY
    I use the Lexar 8GB cards in our D200, very fast and reliable. We have used the SanDisk III 4GB cards in our D70s, they have been fine as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.