cf card reader for ipad

That's been the subject of some debate, but if it's built to mimic Apple's own camera connect kit, a software/firmware kill could be problematic for users of the Apple product. If and when I get an iPad, this will be the first accessory I buy (assuming they're in production and the backorder issue is resolved!).

I received mine in the mail last week. I haven't had a chance to use it extensively but with the few tests I did upon receiving it, I must say it works great. Can't wait to use it again.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
If you purchase the Apple Camera Kit, it has a USB connector you can plug right into your camera and use the camera as your CF card reader. I've done it on my D300 and it works great.

Yes, but it's very slow compared to a card reader and drains camera batteries faster than shooting does.
And just as important to me, it means you can't use your camera while you are downloading your pics. I like the idea of popping a new cf card into my camera, then set the iPad downloading my full card while I keep taking photos.

Glad to hear the cf card reader works well. I think I'll get one.

And just as important to me, it means you can't use your camera while you are downloading your pics.
Is that because it's not convenient to use the camera while it's wired up to the ipad, or because it literally won't allow you to take a picture while the last one is being downloaded?

I received mine in the mail last week. I haven't had a chance to use it extensively but with the few tests I did upon receiving it, I must say it works great. Can't wait to use it again.
How long did it take for you to receive yours? I ordered mine on Wednesday or Thursday of last week. While I don't expect to have it delivered by now, it concerns me that I haven't gotten any e-mail contact about my order yet either.

Real Name
Dave Talboys
Jean-Pierre - can I connect a Flip video camera to the USB port and upload videos to my iPad?

I finally got my CF reader for the ipad2 and used it on a recent vacation to NYC. The device I received looked nothing like the one pictured in the MIC website. Mine had a USB port adjacent to the CF slot.

The device worked as advertised. My only gripe is that the thumbnails from the cardreader are too small to view and compare without loading files onto the ipad. I am unable to enlarge these thumbnails for adequate viewing and selection.

Yeah but that's not a card reader issue. It's an iOS issue. Or even maybe a RAW issue if you shot RAW. It has nothing to do with the card reader. There is no software in the reader. It's hardware only.

Yeah but that's not a card reader issue. It's an iOS issue. Or even maybe a RAW issue if you shot RAW. It has nothing to do with the card reader. There is no software in the reader. It's hardware only.
I realize this has no direct relationship to the card reader. I am merely reporting the limitations of the device as a means of scanning which photos to upload and PP.

Who worries about a rechargeable battery?

Further it is on only a few seconds. I connect, open Nikon transfer, and the raw files move complete at 1 sec per image. Dismount and shut off camera.

Faster read speed cards help. I just use 200X.

Plug in carefully and put the camera on the floor so it does not fall. I buy cards for a camera and they stay in there for life.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom