1. FYI: Sale on Kingston CF cards through Midwest Photo Exchange via Strobist. 8GB Ultimate (133x) cards are $59.95 after $50 rebate, no tax, free UPS ground shipping. Ends soon.

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2007/06/kingstonmpex-team-up-for-special.html

And in case anyone is wondering, I'm not affiliated with MPEX or Strobist. I'm just passing on what seems like a good deal.

2. I hate mail in rebates. Did you ever wonder why the manufacturers don't just rebate their retailers and have them pass on the lower the prices to the customers at the register? It's because a high percentage of mail in rebates never get paid. Unfortunately I speak from experience :Crunk:.

3. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I am batting 1000% on receipt of rebate checks, although it takes diligence. I hada $25 rebate due from Lexar, and finally checked status on their site, and saw it had been mailed months earlier. I called Lexar, and they stopped payment and mailed a replacement within a week.

It took nearly a year to get a $20 rebate from Microsoft on a software package.

4. I don't like rebates myself but couldn't resist the recent Sandisk rebates and bought an 8 gig Extreme III for $59.95 after rebate. still waiting for the rebate, an e-mail from them says it's in the final stage. Fingers crossed!

5. And that's what I'm talking about.

6. Hi Uncle Frank,

I agree completely, I hate rebates.:mad: BUT, I'm not going to leave the money on the table.

I did purchase 2 each of the 4GB Kingston Eleite (133x) cards at the Midwest Photo Exchange store here in Columbus on May 19. I got my rebate checks (2 x $30) in the mail on June 25. If they all came that quick I sure would like it a lot better. That made it $33 each plus tax. Now they are $30 after rebate at the sale they are having today and tomorrow. I'm going to stop by tomorrow and see what they have to offer.

Bob

7. I purchased 2 Kingston 4Gb cards (40x) back in January, with the $50 rebate, they came to $15 each. I bought two (the limit) and received my rebates for each, with no problems. Kingston is good to deal with, in my experience.

8. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    I have dealt with Kingston in the past and had no problems whatsoever with getting the rebate checks per their stated policies. As long as you follow all the instructions specified by them getting the rebate check is just a matter of time. And yes, you need to make copies of all the paperwork you send in, just in case.

9. I'm no fan of rebates either but they seem to be the best way to get decent memory card prices these days. I just try to be diligent about submitting them so I don't kick myself for leaving the money on the table for no good reason. How about a sticky thread for the current best deals on this type of thing so we always know where to look right away?

10. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Also a bad part about the rebate process, when buying locally, or in state anywhere, you gotta pay tax on that rebate money! Then you may or may not get it back, what a rip, cut the price, cut the programs, we all win.