Chalk Art

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
Would be nice to see the artists' faces. Nice balance of the exposure with the broken shade.

I didn't try for faces; this was artists working on their pieces and the typical way you see the artist in this environment is face down over their art.

Thanks for the look and the comments.

Nice shots Lew. I find the cutoff point of the artist's feet in the first shot a little distracting. His posture makes it look like they are actually cut.

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
Nice shots Lew. I find the cutoff point of the artist's feet in the first shot a little distracting. His posture makes it look like they are actually cut.

Interesting and sensible comment.
I was very intent on the orientation of the lines to the frame; such much so that I didn't pay any attention to his feet.

I may go back and slightly darken that area and see if that takes the curse off.

Thanks again,

Lew

An interesting series. I've always enjoyed the work of these sidewalk artists. Their hard work and talent is only visible briefly as the work fades or is washed away.

My favorite here is the last. The dichotomy of the asphalt on the left and the artwork on the right make this a striking photo and call to mind a Mondrian work. Perhaps an effort to make this photo precisely symmetrical would improve the final product.

I like #2 for the leading lines of completed works leading up to the artists and their latest efforts.

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
My favorite here is the last. The dichotomy of the asphalt on the left and the artwork on the right make this a striking photo and call to mind a Mondrian work. Perhaps an effort to make this photo precisely symmetrical would improve the final product.

Thank you for these comments and for the look.
The last is clearly in a different track than the first three. I thought about 'fixing' it in PP but that would have meant a good amount of PPing to move the chalk, etc. and that seemed, imo, to go too far to create a picture that I should have captured in the camera. So I left it alone.

Lew

Thank you for these comments and for the look.
The last is clearly in a different track than the first three. I thought about 'fixing' it in PP but that would have meant a good amount of PPing to move the chalk, etc. and that seemed, imo, to go too far to create a picture that I should have captured in the camera. So I left it alone.

Lew

Lew, I wasn't suggesting any "fixing" in PP. I actually like the stray bits of chalk, etc... I was merely suggesting that a crop which formed symmetrical squares would make the image more powerful.

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
Lew, I wasn't suggesting any "fixing" in PP. I actually like the stray bits of chalk, etc... I was merely suggesting that a crop which formed symmetrical squares would make the image more powerful.

I think you're right.

Looks better.

chalk2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom