Challenge 14 Voting Tread

Discussion in 'Challenge and Contests Forum' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Cafe Challenge #14 - Voting Thread
    Same rules a before.....

THE RULES FOR VOTING:

Everyone is allowed three votes:

1st place: 3 points
    2nd place: 2 points
    3rd place: 1 point

Make sure to mention the name (member name and real name if different and provide by the poster) of the artist and the title of the artwork!

Voting begins now and will end on Monday - Nov 14, 2005 - at 19:00 utc/gmt standard time.

To avoid time disputes here is the link to our time standard for this:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

Thanks all for your participation.

Regards

RFC

2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    1st place
    Patrick for Internal server error

2nd place
    Kim Guerrette for Old Mans Smile

3rd place
    Vernon for Giggle a day

3. First Place and 3 points: beaucamera for The Photographer's Angle

Second Place and 2 points: yokimbo for Old Man's Smile

Third Place and 1 point: Patrick Bramlett for Internal Server Error

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    3points--1st Place--MCS--"safer snack"
    (I thought this was about the funniest thing I'd ever seen when I was in school and they taught us sex-education....but when I saw it w/a "pink wrapper", I about died laughing!)

2points--2nd Place--Paul AKA MontyDog--"Latest NikonCafe Member" (when I saw this, I really had a good chuckle....then I wondered if there actually is a screening process to determine how many people are signing up their beloved pets to join our little community...)

1point--3rd Place--Patrick Bramlett--"500-Internal Server Error, Page Cannot be displayed" (I've worked in the computer business myself...actually alongside Patrick before we had children....so I've seen these things first hand....but what's so funny to me is those folks bring their computers in having ABSOLUTELY no idea what's wrong w/their machine!!!---DUH!!!:confused: )

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    1st Place with 3 points - Old Man's Smile by Yokimbo. This image did exactly what the contest topic asked for...it made me smile!!

2nd Place with 2 points - 500-Internal Server Error by Patrick Bramlett. When you see conditions like this...it makes you smile, then you want to lash out and smack the idiot that allows his machine to get so goofed up!

3rd Place with 1 point - Safer Snack/Double Wrapped by MCS. Michael...you are a gifted individual, you have wonderful vision and the assets to make your vision come to fruition!

Congratulations to whoever wins and to all who participated in this contest...and thanks for the smiles!!! :smile:

6. votes

#1 Old Man's Smile -- Yokimbo
    #2 Latest Nikon Cafe Member (I must be in a dog mood) -- Paul aka MontyDog
    #3 Hand over the cheese, and nobody gets hurt! -- Philippe Roger

Dave

7. Jon H

Jon H

Jun 25, 2005
    Stockton, CA
    votes

#1 - "Safer Snack" - MCS
    #2 - "What's In There?" - Desert Rat
    #3 - "Tiny Fascination" - Leigh

8. I'd like to vote on this challenge, because I like the idea that you've gone to all this trouble just to make me smile. And I did. In fact on some of them I positively guffawed :biggrin:.

#1 - Old Man's Smile by Kim Guerrette (Yokimbo)
    #2 - Hand over the Cheese & Nobody Gets Hurt by Philippe Roger
    #3 - Safer Snack/Double Wrapped by Michael Schuster (MCS)

There would be lots of honourable mentions as well, thanks everyone for the giggles :smile:

9. Here in the State of Washington we are creating lot's of Voting Controversy, so in keeping with my State Mandate I need to figure out a way to register multiple times, including showing up as dead people and felons. Patrick, can you help me out with that ????

OK, now on to the voting, and this one even more subjective than most:

#1 - Leigh, Tiny Fascination - no idea why, pehaps it is just the simplicity of it all, and a reminder of what is important

#2 - Dave Birdsong, Smile? Yeah, right - not only does it make me smile, but obviously he is smiling and having a grand time as well.

Now, #3 was a really tough choice. You have your Dog's, your filthy computer, your Kid's and Monkey's, but in the end.....

#3, shame on you Virginia...Photographer's Angle. The only thing that would have been better would be if he had a plumber's tool-belt and was photographing a toilet :smile:

Good on ya' all, thanks for the smiles this morning......

10. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    1st Place - Patrick Bramlett, Internal Server Error
    2nd Place - Beaucamera, The Photographer's Angle
    3rd Place - MontyDog, Latest Nikon Cafe Member?

11. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    1st Place--- Hand over the Cheese by Phillipe

2nd Place---Safer Snack by MCS

3rd Place--- Tiny Fascination by Leigh

Honorable mentions to Paul with the Latest Member Monty, and Old Man's Smile by Yokimbo.

Thanks Robert for a great challenge and thanks to all that participated and are voting. These really are fun and all made me smile.

Regards,

12. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    first place - Safer Snack by MCS
    Second Place - What's in there by Desert Rat
    Third place - Internal server error by Patrick

13. 1st place and 3 points:
    Patrick Bramlett "500 Internal server error"

2nd place and 2 points:
    Virginia aka Beaucamera "The photographers angle"

3rd place and 1 point:
    Michael Schuster aka MCS "Safer snack"

Graeme

14. 1st place - 3 points
    MontyDog for Latest Nikon Cafe Member

2nd place - 2 points
    Kim Guerrette for Old Mans Smile

3rd Place - 1 point
    Patrick for Internal server error

Thanks for the smile you put on my face everyone... needed that!
    and thanks to Robert for the wonderful theme!

15. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Robert,

I thought this was an enormously creative contest. I regret that with other things going on, photography has taken a back seat lately, and I was not able to enter this contest. I would have loved to! But that is no excuse for not voting, so here it is:

3 points to mcs, Michael Schuster, for A Safer Snack - this is hilarious. And it fits right in with that tarantula thread.
    2 points to Beaucamera, Virginia, for The Photographer's Angle - I always laugh at rear cleavage!
    1 point to Patrick Bramlett, for 500 - Internal Server Error, Page cannot be displayed - I've got to clean my server?

A couple of Honorable Mentions (sorry - I don't know if these hurt or feel good):

* Go Away by gbenic, Greg. Memories of dates gone by. This Lena should choose the goose.
    * Latest Cafe Member by Paul aka Montydog. I suppose this guy's screen name is "Montydog nka Paul".

I also want to mention Jon H's entry. Don't make fun of my haloween dude!

There were a couple others that wee funny too, but after all that booze (see above) I can't go on. ...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  16. 1st place - 3 pts: Yokimbo's Old Man's Smile - Pure bliss! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I have been trying to get the same kind of shots from Belle for months, but she won't stop moving!

2nd place - 2 pts: Vernon's A giggle a day....... - Some funny business going on between those two. The blur adds to this excellent capture of "the moment" :Love:

3rd place - 1pt: Paul's Latest NikonCafe Member? - Probably the smartest, too! :Smart: Monty's attentive look just cracked me up.

Honorable mention to Michael for this daring banana, and to Patrick for "his" server. Lots of humor and incredible talent on this forum. Finally, a big thanks to Robert for this "out there" topic!

17. 1st Place - 3 pts. Patrick, "Internal Server Error"

2nd Place - 2 pts. MCS, "Safer Snack"

3rd Place - 1 pt. Vernon, "A giggle a day"

18. It was difficult to choose !!

1) Yokimbo for "Old Man's Smile"
    2) Patrick Bramlett for "500 - Internal Server Error"
    3) Phillipe for "Hand Over the Cheese"

19. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

20. Vote

Well here goes! My votes for Challenge #14 are:

First Place(3 Points): Dave Birdsong, for "Phil Madeira", an infectious laugh that really comes through and a great photo too.
    Second Place(2 Points): Phil K, for "My Date", the opposite extreme, which after a long day at work I could sure appreciate too.
    Third Place(1 Point): Leigh, for "Tiny Fascination", the human touch scored with me.

Hey, Angelo, your entry was "pretty" cool too!

Thanks everyone for your entries!:smile:

Virginia
    aka beaucamera