1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

challenge #63- results

Discussion in 'Challenge and Contests Forum' started by Knightrider, May 18, 2009.

1. thanks to all who submitted

the winners

1st bcoons- A Modern Life - Communications is the Key

[​IMG]

2nd Sangetsu- Window washer, Shinjuku, Japan

April27th2009003.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3rd Pa - Art Appreciation

529872892_X6qyk-O.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
  2. bcoons

bcoons

Dec 6, 2007
    Central Texas
    Wow! I'm shocked! ......

Amazing. As can be seen from my post count, I'm a relative newbie here. This was my third attempt at a challenge. When I saw the theme for this challenge the thought of our modern means of communications immediately jumped into my head. That morning I noticed our lovely admin assistant/office tech doing her usual multi-tasking thing keeping us all straight with the world, and I thought to myself, "That's the shot!" The next day I brought the camera in to the office and took the shot.

Congrats to the other winners and to all who submitted entries. (I really liked the Window Washer myself, such nice, bold lines.) Thanks to all who voted and saw my vision of the theme, and thanks to Luetta for being a great sport and allowing me to post her picture on the 'net.

Now I need a day or so to think up a good theme for the next challenge. We'll get something started before the holiday weekend in the US.

Regards to all,
    Bruce

3. Congrats to the winners, and strong effort by the "field." :smile: Bruce, your thoughts were exactly what came to my mind too.......but as my office is the home (SAHM), I decided to sit this one out. :biggrin: I thought of trying to get over to the Commuter rail to shoot the people coming home at rush hour, but just didn't pan out w/ young kids.

Can't wait to see what you come up with! :biggrin:

4. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    I second Gretchen's comments.

I await your challenge sir!

5. Congratulations to all!

Mike

6. Congratulations to the deserving winners.

7. bluaeon

bluaeon

Dec 9, 2008
    CA
    congratulations to all!! great captures!

8. Wowzer

Wowzer

Sep 17, 2006
    NYC
    bcoons,

As soon as I saw your shot, I knew it was a winner.

Congrats!

9. bcoons

bcoons

Dec 6, 2007
    Central Texas
    Thanks. I sure don't have the best photgraphic techniques in this crowd. But I'd like to think I finally nailed the theme on this one. Now to see if I can improve in the future. :smile:

10. My congratulations to the first and second place winners. This was the first challenge I have entered, but it just happened that I was in NYC during the period of the challenge and got that photo at the Museum of Modern Art. I am not likely to be a consistent winner!

11. Sangetsu

Sangetsu

Apr 18, 2009
    東金市
    I enjoyed this challenge very much, and I appreciate the votes and positive comments. In the case of my entry, getting the picture was a matter of luck. I had gone into the city to look for some film holders, and on my way back to the station I saw the cleaning crew beginning to work on the building. I knew right away that I would get an interesting picture, all the elements were there.

I'm looking forward to the next challenge,

12. bcoons

bcoons

Dec 6, 2007
    Central Texas

I really liked your photo. The mix of the sky, the straight and curved lines, the modern glass and steel construction techniques, and the tiny little human window washer doing his thing on those huge buildings was really captivating to me. The message was that even in these modern times, humans still have to do the eternal "cleaning up."

I hope to see you enter something as interesting in the next challenge.

Bruce

13. bcoons

bcoons

Dec 6, 2007
    Central Texas
    Well, I'd say you didn't do too bad for a first entry!:rolleyes:  And you don't really know if you're going to be a consistent winner until you try the next one! This was only my third, and it surprised the heck out of me. So let's see an entry in Challenge #64 and see you place again!

Bruce

14. DangerKilo

DangerKilo

May 14, 2009
    Georgia
    I laughed when i saw your picture. The woman with her camera phone!! HA! Art appreciation indeed. Campbells soup is hardly artwork. But your shot of her was great.

Modern art escapes me like air from in a vacuum.

On my first high school trip to a museum, I knew I could never be an artist like that. :D  Photography is so much better than making 9 copies of a cambells soup label. My favorite modern art bit was, Trash in the City. There were 12 cans filled with different types of sorted garbage. The real art in Trash in the City, would have been a photo of the artist swimming in diapers (one of the cans).

Modern artists... :Teeth:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.