Challenge Talk and Suggestions

First a huge thanks for the organizers of the "comeback challenge". Second a congratulations to the selected images for their "best of the thread" status. Finally (thirdly) when's the next one? Whats the topic? Rites of spring? Spring cleaning? A general challenge on who can send me the coolest lens as an Easter present? :)
Some suggestions….

“New Beginnings” (Spring Theme)
“Three”
“Busy”
“Chemistry”
“Wet”
“Hard”

All pretty off the wall I know.

Suggestion for a contest.

Over the months I have watched many contests covering a multitude of various subjects. But some of the subjects are difficult for some Cafe members to find and shoot. Now about a simple contest that should give an opportunity for everyone. Photograph a weed. Lots of different weeds and some of them are beautiful.

Over the months I have watched many contests covering a multitude of various subjects. But some of the subjects are difficult for some Cafe members to find and shoot. Now about a simple contest that should give an opportunity for everyone. Photograph a weed. Lots of different weeds and some of them are beautiful.
lol, well, they sure are plentiful around here. I'd photograph a weed for a challenge. Anyone else?

Hey olshroom! yeah, there's nothing in the FAQ's or anything about actually getting one started. LOL. It looks like someone named "mcs" starts all of the submission threads. Maybe you could contact him?

It shouldn't be difficult to start it up again, and momentum will keep it going for awhile, but I wonder if they can keep it from dying again after the interest dies down. I can't think of any suggestions. I thought they did a great job of running it before.

I was actually quite surprised to see the Challenge die off after the problem with the last challenge and the voting... All those challenges, and only that one problem, and it goes away? I'm disappointed that we let one "little" issue (after so many successful challenges) stop us from continuing!

I was actually quite surprised to see the Challenge die off after the problem with the last challenge and the voting... All those challenges, and only that one problem, and it goes away? I'm disappointed that we let one "little" issue (after so many successful challenges) stop us from continuing!
sHAUN
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO PLEAD IGNORANCE. wHAT HAPPENED WITH THE LAST CHALLENGE??

JusPlainCrayzee

Administrator
Administrator
Patience, my friends...! :biggrin: The Challenge will continue. There were a couple of issues to work out, but have no worries; you'll be seeing something soon.

In the meantime, shine up your camera and your lenses; I expect to see great things from each of you! :tongue:

sHAUN
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO PLEAD IGNORANCE. wHAT HAPPENED WITH THE LAST CHALLENGE??
Voting issues, Jim. I came in on it after the fact. A mixture of 1. The rules not being absolutely spelled out word for word (as if we need that with a bunch of adults??? :eek:) and 2. People being too sensitive. Hopefully we can get it figured out soon. I like the Collective Shoot, but the time period is too short for me... by the time I remember to check what the theme is, the shooting period is almost up! :redface:

Its not like the entrants are biding for big$$'s for gosh sakes. If one cannot take constructive critism and become irrate at those who do not choose their photo's TUFF!! Time to put on your big girl panties and man up--quit ruining it for the rest of us.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom