Challenge Talk and Suggestions

OOOOOOkay. I'm really confused, probably because I rarely do the challenges. That isn't the same as the photo meme, right? I started a photo meme for July and only one other person is joining me. I thought it was highly unusual for there only to be two participants -- I'm probably going about it all wrong because I didn't know it was a contest with voting and all of that. I thought it was just a thing where you pick a lens and shoot with it all month and simply try to improve on your personal best.

I'll have to go through the "rules" a lot more carefully. Sorry if I did something wrong.

Kelly, you are fine.

The Challenge is a special activity, where one person decides a category, and invites all the other members to submit a photo in that category. Challenges are often submitted through proprietary, anonymous software so that there is no personality or favoritism in the voting for the winner. As a prize, the winning member gets to host the next Challenge!

Challenges are on temporary hold right now, but hopefully they will be returning soon! (hint)

You can see all of the previous winners and runners up, here in the Challenge Gallery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am considering doing a weekly project, of some sort. It appears I have missed the roll call for the event(s). I will be still making images and want to post them, and am not sure where to do so. Would appreciate some input, thank you!

JusPlainCrayzee

Administrator
Administrator
I am considering doing a weekly project, of some sort. It appears I have missed the roll call for the event(s). I will be still making images and want to post them, and am not sure where to do so. Would appreciate some input, thank you!
You can start a weekly project thread in the Miscellany Forum. Once there, you'll find sub categories for Yearly, Monthly, Weekly and Daily projects...

I'm new. What does it take to jump start an idea around here? :confused:
:wink:
Send a Challenge proposal to the moderator or administrator of your choice. Be willing to do most of the work, don't assume that running a Challenge is something anyone else is going to put the effort into. Look at the various photo-memes and collective shooting threads for guidance.

A

audreys124

What challenge is the cafe on? I don't see any recent ones... =(

A

audreys124

Ah, I read the previous posts and see that the challenges were on hold. I would love to know when the next challenges start, I just got a new lens =)

JusPlainCrayzee

Administrator
Administrator
Until the challenge is resumed, why not join and post in the Collective Shoot? It's not a challenge per se, but there are specific subject that change weekly. Here's the link to the latest CS. Those that participate have a lot of fun; I think you'd enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom