Chamber's Bay - US Open

Real Name
Ken St John
First, let me say, I am not a golfer!! But ...

The US Open is going to be played this year at the Chamber's Bay course. I drive by it every day when I take our son to school. It's located on county owned land on the shores of Puget Sound and is, I believe, what golfers call a "links" course ... whatever that means.

Chambers%2520Bay%252031%2520-%2520Version%25202-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The US Open is in June and there's not many signs of prep work on the course itself, but there's a LOT of road construction in the area. The course is in a residential neighborhood quite a ways away from any major roads, hotels, etc., so most of us are expecting traffic to be a royal pain during the Open!! I plan on watching on TV ... no need to go in person and buck the crowds!! If the weather cooperates, the TV folks ought to be able to provide some spectacular views as it is a very scenic locale.

The light was nice this morning so I snapped a few pictures with my still new D610. These are all JPEGS with only a little processing in Aperture.

Chambers%2520Bay%252030%2520-%2520Version%25202-L.jpg

Chambers%2520Bay%25206%2520-%2520Version%25202-L.jpg

Chambers%2520Bay%252022%2520-%2520Version%25202-L.jpg

Cheers!!

Ken

Very nice. My wife and I took a drive there last summer and walked the trails which went right through part of the course. I was amazed at what they created out of the reclaimed land. Pretty place for sure.

Real Name
Bill Mellen
Ken, that is one gorgeous course! Your pictures do it justice.

My wife and I play golf and we are what are best referred to a "Duffers". If you do go to see a round, you will be watching the most talented players in the world. The worst player in the U.S. Open will be simply fantastic.

Latest threads

Top Bottom