Champ cars in San Jose * New photo added

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by senna, Jul 27, 2007.

1. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Went out for qualifying today. very limited access to good photo opts. took this shot over a 6' fence. car is leaving the pits.
    D200/70-200vr, S priority

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2007
  2. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    good capture Troy,

BUT WE NEED MORE SHOTS!!! I had a chance to get right next to the cars today but I had to work. My friend works for the contractor that had set up the race.

3. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    I am goig back out today and sunday. Let me know if you are going to be there.

4. Troy I echo the sentiments... WE NEED MORE SHOTS! That one you posted is very nice and contrasty, and the follow focus worked like a charm.
    OK, did I blow enough smoke up your skirt yet? :) Post some more, me likey!

5. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Thanks Steve, I added another photo. And just for you, not blowing a skirt up but close.:eek:

Shot this from the hip. I did not want to look like I was srairing.
    [​IMG]

6. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

7. Why not, everyone else was!! That gives a whole new meaning to "shoot from the hip", and being on target too. Where'd you learn that skill? :)

8. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    My days playing cowboys and indians.:biggrin:

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    As a side note, one of the owners of Champ Car lives pretty close to me, I understand that his home is fantastic. I have yet to see it (an hour drive away), but I have heard it has all the ammenities. And he owns a racing team as well. He and his partner were experiencing difficulty obtaining race engines from Cosworth Racing, so they bought Cosworth Racing from the Ford Motor Company. Now that's taking the bull by the horns.

10. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Hey frank. That would be Kevin Kalcoven. Not sure about the spelling. He has a pretty big check book. :eek:

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Yes, that's the guy.