Championship Soccer

Well its time for the MA District Select Tournament at the beautiful Citizen Bank Fields in Lancaster, MA. Here are some select shots from the 26 games I shot today. I basically ran around with my head cut off like a chicken, and shot quickly. Would prefer to shoot single to 2 games per hour but its tough when you need to cover 16 total fields with only a few shooters.

Enjoy, as always C&C welcome.

District-Selects-18.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

District-Selects-11.jpg

District-Selects-12.jpg

District-Selects-14.jpg

District-Selects-17.jpg

District-Selects-27.jpg

District-Selects-32.jpg

District-Selects-8.jpg

Goeff those shots are awesome!! What lens did you use? were you hand holding or using a monopod?

These are awesome. Fantastic faces and really good action here. I am looking forward
to soccer at the end of the month. I hope to catch some photos that are 1/2 this good.

Geoff,
this is an excellent series
i really enjoyed it

Thanks Greg I had a blast photographing it.

gee, best soccer series I've seen for a long time - really really top peak action in every shot
Darren coming from you its an honor as I felt your "football" from last week was great as well!

Goeff those shots are awesome!! What lens did you use? were you hand holding or using a monopod?
Joe, D300 300mm f2.8 @ 2.8 ISO 200-400 with varying shutter speeds of 1/1600th-1/4000th. On a monopod. Some while in a sitting position but most while standing as I was running and shooting 4 fields every hour.

These are awesome. Fantastic faces and really good action here. I am looking forward
to soccer at the end of the month. I hope to catch some photos that are 1/2 this good.
Rod, thanks I appreciate it. Can't wait to see your shots.

great peak action, composition, exposure and color. Very Nice!!!
Rolly thanks!

Running and shooting 4 fields EVERY HOUR??? :eek:

WOW!!!

I can't manage to shoot a bunch of 4yos, while I sit my rump on a comfy chair. Hehe

Nick, thanks. Yeah I only seem to have one speed "quick" run around and shoot. Kind of as a necessity for many companies I freelance for.

Joe it is what I do, its how I pay the bills. Most of my work is on the weekends for sports.

Geoff my hats of to you!! That's ALOT of running around and ALOT of work on your shoulders!! And your images are FANTASTIC!!

Thanks Joe, I do the same with hockey although a little bit easier, normally covering 2-3 games an hour. Not fun, but when the company understaffs I don't like it when any of the games are missed.

Latest threads

Top Bottom