Changing a note within a chord

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarrell, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Music on a treadmill--I know it won't fly!:biggrin:

Pretty cool, really!

2. Musically speaking, this is a real revolution in software. For software to detect individual pitches in a chord is very unique.

The downside is, now the artist barely has to do ANYTHING in the studio anymore :( . Looks like we'll all have to go to live concerts to judge how good they are :p 

3. well....
    this is right up my alley
    that is the most fascinating thing i've seen in some time

i greatly appreciate this thread and link

4. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Kinda figured you'd be interested, Greg.. :smile:
    Jarrell

5. Bill N

Bill N Guest

Holy cow! I can just imagine what some of these talented computer users/musically inclined will be able to with this. This is just the beginning of what lies ahead with all these 1's and 0's. Thanks, Jarrell.

6. Really, really cool. I can think of lots of neat things that could come from something like this. Besides what's already demonstrated in the video, consider combining this technology with some of the "auto notation" software -- could bring notation of scores to a new level. Conceivably, you could even use this technology with older recordings.

On the flip side, pitch correction is already so prevalent in modern recordings, I could see the same thing happening in the studio with note correction. Producers with an agenda could actually change the substance of an artist's work after it was recorded in ways that could cause serious differences. Lawyers will probably get involved at some point...

Music recorded live will now be like photos and videos -- suspicions of alterations of performances much like we now suspect Photochopping of certain photos.

Neat concept. Really makes you think, doesn't it?

7. Dude...thats freaking awesome!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.