Changing of the sky

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by tojor, Oct 20, 2005.

1. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    The other evening the weather was so beautiful that i went down to the beach to shoot some evening photos. I need to improve my skills under difficult light situations as many of my images were either over- or underexposed and very noisy.

This is few of the decent ones, very minor pp, except cropping and resizing.

This is the sky just before the sun sets:

15 minutes later it looked like this:

I also turned around to catch my village in the evening light:

When I drove home from the beach this guy were looking at me. From the car, handheld and 300mm. Not very good image, but an impressive sight.

The Atlantic Ocean now seems to bring a lot of rain and wind for the next period of time so I guess the camera will get a rest for some days.

2. I really like those first two shots. Looks like you and I are thinking alot a like this week.
    Dave

3. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks Dave. I think it's the beach that does it.

4. I like the picture of your village with the boats colors that seem to repeat in the colors of the houses.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    The shot of your village was my favorite as well. Sunsets are nice, but I don't see images like the one of your village very often. Keep more of those coming!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Your images are beautiful..

I want to live in that village :>))

The moon. Well I did pretty well on my first one.

F16...Manual..shutter release, tripod, and forget what my speed was. iso 200. D100. Will dig them up one day, amongst my couple hundred cd's :>))))) turned out not to bad for first try. Then shot the eclipse. Did ok.

Now I am over the moon thing. Except one shot I want. Full moon coming out of the ocean, big and red. :>)))

7. Very moody, all of them. The first is a classic, but it came out with something special, I guess it's the reflection of the blue sky on the boat. Its cold blue hues contrast with the warm tone of the firey sky.

8. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thank you all. I appreciate your comments.

Gilles: Thanks. The beach is just crowded with people during the summer and there was just some tranquility over the place that I tried to capture.

Leigh: Thanks for commenting. I'm very happy to live in a peaceful corner of the world not yet spoiled by all the tourist in the summer.

Gale: To getter a better moon shot one must be more prepared than I was. Never tried it before. Just saw it when I drove home. Hope you get your shot one day.

Christian: Thanks. I was trying that moody feeling through. Most of them turned out bad. Those were the few decent ones.