Changing Resolution

I created a poster in Elements and sent a Jpeg image to Walmart to print on a 16x20 poster. I've had no problems before but I sent this twice and it is extremely pixelated and the coloring is wayyy off. Ex: Clear blue sky is coming out more purple.

My question is that I just did a test print out of Elements. I printed part of the 16x20 image on an 8.5 x 11 photo paper, both at 150 and 300 dpi. Both parts of the images are crystal clear. So why would the poster print out so pixelated? Thanks for any help here and suggestions.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
You have enough pixels for about 150ppi, so it should look OK.

Presumably you saved it with the highest JPEG quality? Otherwise that could lead to pixelation.

(I'm surprised the file is in fact quite so large.)

Otherwise you need to complain.

About the purple, the obvious questions are:
1. Do you have a calibrated monitor?
2. Did you save the image as an sRGB JPG? It MUST be sRGB, so convert to sRGB if it is not already sRGB.

Be careful when you upload. Most "consumer print shops" use a java uploader that will reduce image size to 5MP before uploading to speed up the uploading process, and you have to override that with some "full size" check box.

Walmart has compression software built in that you need to disable. Make sure you are selecting "large upload" or something like that. Or just order from adoramapix.com

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom