1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

changing the picture rotation on camera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dbguy, Aug 12, 2008.

1. is there a way to change the rotation of a picture on the camera like how canon does it? like when the camera rotates, can you make the picture rotate the same way too?

2. Yes, but I'm not sure why you'd want it. It means vertical pictures a squashed smaller so they fit on the camera's screen.

Ronnie

3. how do u do that? everytime i take a picture vertically, i would have to rotate my camera horizontally to see the vertical shot. and its a pain everytime u have to do it when you're on a tripod.

4. Ah, so you have it showing vertical pictures rotated already and you want to switch it off. I think it's the "rotate tall" menu option your looking for. It's in the "playback menu". You need to set this to "off".

Ronnie

5. ahhh okay cool, thanks. but is there a way where it will automatically rotate depending on when you rotate the camera on the same picture? i know canon P&S does it, i think the canon DSLRs do it too. can nikon do that as well?

6. No way to make the picture rotate with the camera. It's either on or off. Sorry.

Ronnie

7. ok thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.