Changing to Mirrorless MF system

I used to shoot mainly MF using the Pentax 645z (prior to that Nikon D800E) and an assortment of Pentax glass. I really do like MF and the Pentax is a great camera but Ricoh does not seem to be too interested in bringing either an update or new models in MF format.

So, I have bitten the bullet and ordered a Fuji GFX 100S with the GFX 45mm f/2.8 as a starting point in this new adventure. This camera is really a game-changer IMHO for MF cameras with so many added features missing from many of the very costly MF offerings from the likes of Phase One and even Hasselblad. When I made a list of the features I felt I needed I was also pleasantly surprised to find features that I never knew I wanted or even suspected available. :D. I feel that this may be the only camera I will ever need in the foreseeable future - still I suppose one should never say never

The Fuji is quite capable (I believe!) of taking on action, sports, birding, etc. as well as the more normal applications for MF, such as Landscape, Commercial, Fine Art, Portraiture. Of course, I am under no illusion that it is as capable as FF or even DX cameras built for these purposes but nonetheless, a big step forward for MF in a body the size (or slightly smaller) of a Nikon D500, although the lenses are a bit beefier than DX equivalents ;)

So all I have to do now is have some patience while I wait until cameras start arriving in quantity :)

You can use Capture One (originated by PhaseOne) to process those GFX 100S raw images.
Yes thanks. Although more than happy with LR and PS I feel I should give Capture One another try. Seems like Fuji may have paid to buy into the software and worked closely with the company. AFAIK they have not supported other MF cameras, at least they offered nil support to Pentax. There is some form of C1 offered specifically for Fujifilm that I need to investigate

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom