Charleston Falls Columbine

Real Name
Mike
Columbine, blooming on the cliffs.

columbine-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking!

Real Name
Mike
Very nice shot, love the lighting and bokeh
Thanks Tom. This was the first time I really played around with my 50mm. I'm thinking it is everything I've heard about it.

I have never seen that plant, Mike. It's really a beautiful shot of a very interesting flower!
Thank you dossy. Charleston Falls was the location I was at, not the variety of Columbine. Not sure what variety this is. I'll have to look at the ID boards a littler closer next time I am there. This area was formed by glaciers, as were many of the unique geological features around the area. Some of the plants that thrive in these areas were deposited here by the glaciers and came from areas further north. It makes many varieties unique to this area.

Mike,
Nice pictures.

I've been to Charleston Falls. It's north of Huber Heights. I've been trying to go back because the recent rains will help the waterfall.

Real Name
Mike
Mike,
Nice pictures.

I've been to Charleston Falls. It's north of Huber Heights. I've been trying to go back because the recent rains will help the waterfall.
Thanks Rob. It is a beautiful place. Lots of diversity, well maintained trails. The falls were flowing quite nicely. I was shooting handheld, so I didn't get any real keepers of the falls themselves. I might go back early one morning when it should be less crowded and set up to shoot the falls.

Nice one, Mike -- great color and composition. [That 50 is a terrific lens. I've had mine for only a couple of months, but it took only a couple of days for it to "grow fast" to my camera.:smile:]
Thanks Bob. I've since seen that same Columbine at two other locations; all are remnants of the glacial periods. The 50 is definitely fun. I kinda like having to move my feet to zoom. Takes me back to the film days. :tongue:

Very nice Mike. I have purple columbine that just bloomed in my backyard. I will have to get some shots of them before too long.

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
Oh Mike, that is an awesome shot!!!! What are the shot details? Very very nice...

We planted some Columbine seeds, but I fear too early... Odd request, but could you take some shots of the foliage? If easy of course... Trying to figure out if some potential sprouts are actually Columbine, or just the proliferation of weeds :)...

Real Name
Mike
I would Google "columbine flower" Rich. I'm not sure when I'll get back down there and I don't have any in my yard anymore. There ought to be lots of images online.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom