Chase The Rabbit

Got my new issue of Pop Photo in the mail yesterday. On the cover, Mamiya mid format 22MP camera. I am curious how many of you think people will drop their Cannon for this. I understand the pros that are constrained by editors, for fine art,and or architectural shooting, but for the rest of us, 12 or 16 MP is that enough? Where is this rabbit going, and are mega pixels indicative of a better picture? I just got my daughter a D100, and took some pics with it to test it out, then put it back in the closet, for her September B day. I can not see that much difference between that and my D2H. Maybe it really changes up in the mega pixel stratosphere! What do you think? CS Dayan

Real Name
Chris
As I have a bag of Mamiya lenses, I will look seriously at the new ZX or whatever it's called. The body style looks clunky though, and I doubt it would be applicable to much of my shooting style.

But I will give it a serious look when it's available at a local store.

gho

I think pros would much rather shoot the medium format over the APS format - they have much better control over DOF.

You have to remember that not everyone's requirements are the same. 4mp might be fine for some, but for others it's just doen't cut it.

Most model shoots are done with MF cameras as well as product shots and stuff you commonly see in magazines.

If megapixels didn't matter, than MF backs would never be able to sell for 30K USD. Yet, they sell well enough to warrent developing a completely digital MF camera, not just a back.

K

Ken-L

Now that would make a decent backup camera.....and at about $10,000.00 it's a bargain......

zd_zoom.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom