Cheap compactflash

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DABO, Apr 13, 2007.

1. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
  2. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    Tempting. My last Lexar rebate for $110 is in the mail.
    But I'm in the doghouse and can't order anything right now. :redface:

3. Just ordered mine. couldn't resist.

4. They show a 300x card coming soon....

5. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    Doesn't the 300x speed require specific support from the device using it? I think it's backwards compatible only at slower speeds.

6. I don't know - this was the first mention of it that I'd seen.

7. well I ordered one of these. Too good to pass up on. The Sandisk ExtIV require a different card reader than the ExtIII so I expect the new speeds will require some peripherals to get the benefit of them.
    Dave

8. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    Yup, requires UDMA enabled devices. No current DSLRs I know of have this. More info here.

9. Wow, these are crazy good deals. Prices north of the border have a way to go to meet that!

10. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    I ordered one last night. Could not resist the temptation. Too good of a deal to pass. Will have to put out a few 1GBs for sale soon.

11. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    I ordered a 4GB. i don't really like the idea of putting that many images on 1 card. But the 8gb is a sweet deal, maybe I should cancel my order.