1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cheap optical slave flash on Ebay

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by LSUDVM, Jul 28, 2009.

1. that looks like a good price,

personally i wouldnt trust it though. You could get a SB24 or 26 or 28 for not too much more

2. exitnine

exitnine

Jun 5, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Those are brand new, and the sb24, sb26 and sb28 was used right? BTW, saw some flash at dealextreme.com too

3. you can get a new 26 for about $115. And that may be know, im just saying ive never heard of it, and id rather go with a nikon, if i was him

4. chemisti

chemisti

May 24, 2007
    McKinney, TX
  5. mematsu

mematsu

May 2, 2007
    los angeles
    I just picked up a couple. Not bad. Definitely not built like the SB-2xs, but covered by Mpex for two years. In the last two months I've had a SB-25 and a SB-26 fail me. Bad luck I guess.

The optical slave has a pretty good working distance and is pretty sensitive.
    Has the miniplug connection which holds much better than PC. Light and small with pretty good power.

A rep at Mpex told me the first batch had a few QC issues that are resolved with this second batch. Good customer service there too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.