Cheapest Price for 18 200 VR II in US $649?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Chad Gladstone, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  2. I started a thread about this a few days ago here. So far, this is the best price I have seen (actually $649.97).

Does anyone have experience with this firm? I had not heard of Roberts until now.

And do they actually have the lens in stock?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. O.K. I see that if you find your way back to their main page, they say send an e-mail to get on the waiting list. And since they have the lowest price, the list is certain to be a long one.:biggrin::mad:

4. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Roberts

Roberts is a very reliable and well known firm in Indiana. They have more than one store in and around Indianapolis and their prices are usually competitive with BH and Adorama - sometimes lower.

5. I just added the lens to cart and ordered it. I don't know if their list will be terribly long, though because a google search did not bring up the listing - I found it on Nikonians.com.

6. Are you sure you don't need to send them an e-mail to get on the waiting list, as the main web site suggests?

7. I just added the lens to cart, gave them my personal information and CC# and clicked order. I got an order conformation number via email a few seconds later. Why go on a list when they have the lowest price and I want the lens to arrive contemporaneously with my D200? At the very least, it should maximize my standing in the que as it is prepaid.

8. Thanks Chad for the info. I will call Roberts and see what kind of waiting list they have before I put my name down on the list.

9. Vandyu

Vandyu

May 14, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    What About Price for D200?

I think I know the answer to this question, but just need confirmation. Is Roberts' price for the D200 ($1699) for the body only?

I really want the 18-200 lens and sure wish this lens came with the D200 as a kit. But, I'm sure you can get it this way for around, say, $2300! Which, unfortunately, is twice what I paid for my D70s kit. I will try to find a way to add the 18-200 and likely have to wait quite a while for the D200. Once I know my D70s inside and out, so to speak, I'll be ready to upgrade. Now, if on the other hand, my lotto ticket comes up a winner, I'll spoil myself a little :)

10. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Email Response From Roberts Company

Response from Roberts

Ken;

You are automatically on the list and we will contact you when one comes available.

Thank you

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Email To Roberts

I purchased, on-line, the Nikon 18-200 f 3.5-5.6 AFS, and received your email acknowledgment for order # 123456.

I also saw on the web page a note to send an email to this address for a "waiting list". I don't know that I need to be on a "waiting list" since I have already entered my purchase with my credit card.

Thanks,
    Ken Luria

11. I got the same email. I paid for the lens in advance primarily to protect the purchase price seeing as though most retailers are at least $100 more - but I kind of feel cheated that I could have been a freerider without expending the purchase price in advance. If my D200 doesn't arrive first, it avails me little to have a $650 doorstop on my credit card, however. Speaking of which, my new sigma 30 f/1.4 just arrived from Dell. I purchased backordered before I had even considered unloading my D70 in favor of a D200. Talk about the proverbial cart before the horse.