1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Check from Nikon?

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by tmiele, Nov 18, 2013.

1. tmiele

tmiele

Nov 20, 2012
    Madison, WI
    I had my D600 cleaned and inspected a few weeks ago at my local Nikon authorized repair center. They charged $45 for the cleaning and I thought it was well worth it to also have it inspected before the one-year warranty ran out. Glad to find out I have an oil-free model.
    The other day I received a check from Nikon for $36.42, sent to me with no explanation for why it was sent. Has anyone else received a check from Nikon after a D600 sensor cleaning at an authorized service center?

2. Or did you subscribe to the now cancelled Nikon magazine and get a refund check?

3. Maybe that's their offer for your D600? :tongue: j/k

In all seriousness, that's probably the refund for the cleaning. If that's the case, then kudos to Nikon for picking up the tab and somewhat acknowledging the issue.

4. Whenever I've sent my camera to Melville within the one year time frame, Nikon has always cleaned it for free. I don't send it in "for a cleaning" since they do that for free if I send it in for any other reason. So, if I suspect anything isn't quite right within that one year time frame, I send the camera to Nikon and at least I know, if nothing else, it will be checked and cleaned for free.

Glenn

5. tmiele

tmiele

Nov 20, 2012
    Madison, WI
    Mmmmmm. I'll have to look back at my records and see if I still had a subscription to it.

I didn't know it was canceled. Thanks for that info.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.