1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

check it out! simple website

Discussion in 'Making Money' started by dbguy, Aug 10, 2009.

1. What do you guys think? I created this simple website

http://www.andrewliu.us

should I just have the flash on the front page and not have the portfolio link and have my blog be an extra link next to contact or something?

The reason I did this is because I hear that its harder for others to search a flash website so I created a front page that is html.

2. danameless

danameless

May 9, 2009
    NYC
    I like the site, it's nice and clean.

Just for me, the thumbnails on the bottom are way too small. I'm assuming you want people to see the thumbnails of the pictures if you have them there, but they are too small to be useful. You could just have buttons for NEXT and PREVIOUS to accomplish the same thing.

For your question, personally I would put the BLOG link on the homepage. Having the option on the intro page creates a unneccessary step IMO. But that could just be personal taste.

3. Yeah I was thinking of the same thing. But see the reason why I did that intro page was because flash doesnt show up that well on search engines compared to html

4. I think it looks good. Nice and clean.

5. thanks, added some stuff and changed the front page.

6. Jaytron

Jaytron

Mar 22, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    I like it, very simple clean layout.

May I ask what programs you used to create it? Or was it all through Flash only

7. it was all through flash. :) 

8. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Nice! Just like your photos!

9. On the wireless I have at work the flash images load slowly. I personally am not a fan of flash opening pages, but that is just me.

Best
    Nancy

10. anyone else have the same problem? I've asked my friends, never had a problem with them? could be the internet.

11. added a few more things, changed up some stuff to fill up some empty spaces!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.