Check this out...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by itsmike, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Which Nikon bodies will support 8GB cards?

2. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    My D200 handles them fine, I would imagine any of that era or later should support it, and probably some earlier models.

Then again, one has to ask oneself; do you WANT to trust your images to a $29 memory card???

3. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Ooohhhh....I don't know about that deal....I think I'd rather pay the premium for a Sandisk or the like. I wouldn't put a 'cheap' card in my expensive camera.

4. Not to be a heretic, or anything, but I've been using the A-data 16GB cards in my D200 for many months now. No problems so far. No moving parts.

When I first got them I had the same anxieties so I filled them up with files from my computer and transferred them back and forth, formatting in camera each time, several times. I didn't find any internet chatter about them being less reliable, failing more often, etc than others. They definitely aren't the fastest cards around, but that's not an especially high priority for me.

I'm not sure that the biggest brand names are always better in every circumstance. Well directed marketing is very influential. Just look at the insanity around bottled water.

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Well my decision is just a personal preference :smile:

6. panda81

panda81

Feb 7, 2008
    Texas
    Mm, I concur.

7. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    I've owned lost of cheap things that worked great....

... for a little while.

Moving parts have nothing to do with it. Flash memory is something that must be manufactured to precise standards under very tight controls. Those are manufactured under??? There are hundreds of articles out there on "black market" memory cards rebranded as top brands, and I have no doubt these are the same cards just being sold legitimately. None of those articles had anything good to say about the performance OR reliability of those cards.

My hard worked (and sometimes $$$ spent) images are not going on budget flash cards. You can roll the dice as you wish, but not for me!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.