Check this out...

Which Nikon bodies will support 8GB cards?
My D200 handles them fine, I would imagine any of that era or later should support it, and probably some earlier models.

Then again, one has to ask oneself; do you WANT to trust your images to a $29 memory card???

Ooohhhh....I don't know about that deal....I think I'd rather pay the premium for a Sandisk or the like. I wouldn't put a 'cheap' card in my expensive camera.

Not to be a heretic, or anything, but I've been using the A-data 16GB cards in my D200 for many months now. No problems so far. No moving parts.

When I first got them I had the same anxieties so I filled them up with files from my computer and transferred them back and forth, formatting in camera each time, several times. I didn't find any internet chatter about them being less reliable, failing more often, etc than others. They definitely aren't the fastest cards around, but that's not an especially high priority for me.

I'm not sure that the biggest brand names are always better in every circumstance. Well directed marketing is very influential. Just look at the insanity around bottled water.

Not to be a heretic, or anything, but I've been using the A-data 16GB cards in my D200 for many months now. No problems so far. No moving parts.

When I first got them I had the same anxieties so I filled them up with files from my computer and transferred them back and forth, formatting in camera each time, several times. I didn't find any internet chatter about them being less reliable, failing more often, etc than others. They definitely aren't the fastest cards around, but that's not an especially high priority for me.

I'm not sure that the biggest brand names are always better in every circumstance. Well directed marketing is very influential. Just look at the insanity around bottled water.
I've owned lost of cheap things that worked great....

... for a little while.

Moving parts have nothing to do with it. Flash memory is something that must be manufactured to precise standards under very tight controls. Those are manufactured under??? There are hundreds of articles out there on "black market" memory cards rebranded as top brands, and I have no doubt these are the same cards just being sold legitimately. None of those articles had anything good to say about the performance OR reliability of those cards.

My hard worked (and sometimes $$$ spent) images are not going on budget flash cards. You can roll the dice as you wish, but not for me!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom