checking a roof gutter high up on 2 storey house

Yes of course I could get a company in to do it but there are 4 huge oak trees in my garden, during a year the roof gutter needs cleaning several times and at £87+ a time it works out very expensive. So some years ago i invested in one of those vacuum machines , this one is the Skyvac atom model here in the uk
ok that is is the rundown of why now how to inspect?
the carbon fiber tubes slip together to give height so my thoughts were why not a small compact camera onto an end and see how bad the gutters get first.
DSC_2478.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I came up with this cheap solution, using a Nikon L26 compact camera- a small flexable tripod and insulating tape. with it all set up now ideal to video the gutter to check. Below is a small section of the whole video during the gutter inspection

give you 1 guess of my next job

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've got the very same problem, thanks for the good idea.

this machine in the UK is around £550 now when I got mine it was around £450 a few years back. the first time I had someone in to do it and they charged me about £80 . Since then I must have used it about 10 or a lot more times, so you can get some idea of how much I have saved already . Inside the tub is a removable filter which I hose down after each use

Result large pile of leaves off roof gutters
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's a clever idea, Barry. Does the gutter vacuum work pretty well?

Last year we bit the bullet and sprang for K-Guard gutters, which never need cleaning. They seem to work as advertised.

That's a clever idea, Barry. Does the gutter vacuum work pretty well?

Last year we bit the bullet and sprang for K-Guard gutters, which never need cleaning. They seem to work as advertised.
yes does a great job , so powerful it can even lift clogs of earth? with grass growing from it in a gutter

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom