1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

checking Actuations Online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RDM3, Sep 22, 2008.

1. RDM3

RDM3

Aug 25, 2005
    Concordville, Pa
    The rep from Adorama told me about a link to check the number of Actuations without having to download a program, I used it on my cameras and it does work, it gives you alot of exif data.

regex.info/exif.cgi

no "www" needed

2. willg1

willg1 Guest

Help! Can't find it. Can you be more explicit?

Thanks...willg

3. RDM3

RDM3

Aug 25, 2005
    Concordville, Pa
    What can't you find? Just copy/paste regex.info/exif.cgi in explorer, take a photo with the camera, upload the photo into the site and all the exif info pops up

4. Cool! Thanks!

MikeT

5. willg1

willg1 Guest

Thanks!...Willg

6. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I don't see any mention of the number of actuations.

7. I also do not see the number of actuations listed.

8. mattsteg

mattsteg

Aug 10, 2007
    MN
    "image number" ?

9. It's Shutter Count under Maker Notes.

MikeT

10. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Nope, there's nothing that says Shutter Count when I upload an image or refer it to a web link. Nothing says Maker Notes, either.

11. No Maker Notes and no Shutter Count. There is a lot of information about a given image but it does not include the shutter count.

12. Gordon,

It's similar to Opanda but does show more information provided the EXIF is avaliable.

I tried it on my own images which have the EXIF embedded and it all shows.

A few images I tried online so far didn't show all the EXIF info.
    Most of these were processed with photoshop or picassa which removes some of the data.

MikeT

13. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I tried it on an unedited image that I merely imported into Aperture. I exported the image to disk and uploaded it. The online images stored by Flickr.com definitely yielded some odd results, but I presume that has to do with their hosting.

In any event, I got a lot of accurate information about the image I pulled out from Aperture, but nothing that I didn't already have (like Shutter Count).

14. RDM3

RDM3

Aug 25, 2005
    Concordville, Pa
    The shutter count is there, at least when I used the program, I would assume you cannot use a photo that has been altered or uploaded do a website, you have to take a photo and upload right fromt he camera or flash card, once I get home I will try it out again

15. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Just checked with a non modified JPG. It was way down the page but it was there for me.

Under -
    MakerNotes — this group of metadata is encoded in 2,762 bytes (2.7k)
    Shutter Count 15,660

Gary

16. I don't see it.
    The 4 heading I see are:

IPTC Core
    Exif IFD0
    Exif Sub IFD
    Exif IFD1
    Exif GPS IFD

Do others see more?

17. Thanks for the link RDM3 its a great idea...Works brilliantly!
    I had my camera for about 4 months now, and my shutter count is at over 4200!!!
    again, thanks.

18. jhelms

jhelms

Sep 25, 2008
    Columbus, GA
    I haven't gotten this link to work this week - the main page pulls up but when I put in my file (either a url or upload from my computer) it loads for a while and then shows "Done" but nothing comes up on the page...

Anyone know if there's anything in Vista, Picasa or PSE7.0 that will show shutter clicks in the exif data?

19. RDM3

RDM3

Aug 25, 2005
    Concordville, Pa
    I just got it to work the other day, i will try again later today

20. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    It did not work for me. The address bar was partially highlighted as if an operation had begun. It never finished or displayed anything minutes later.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.