1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Checking interest in a Viera, FL meet

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by tony-b, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Steve (SRHeDD) and I recently met on the Cafe and then in person. Strangely, we are 5 minutes from each other but our paths never crossed except here. We started talking about how many other Cafe members are in the Space Coast area and those who travel here for the bird, wildlife and landscapes. That got me thinking that maybe a Viera/Merritt Island/Space Coast meet-up would be fun. I’m thinking of dates between March to mid April when the weather is most likely to cooperate.

Suggestions for places, and feel free to add to this:
    • Viera wetlands
    • Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and Black Point Trail
    • Cocoa Beach (ocean sunrise, Cocoa Beach Pier, Ron Jon, downtown)
    • Possibly coordinate the date with a rocket launch, evening launch preferable
    • Kennedy Space Center
    • Sebastian Inlet for surfers, beach and Pelican Island
    With that in mind, anyone interested?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. That sounds like fun. Either nikon cafe or nikonians did this 15yrs ago.
    I'm in. Coming from central Florida- Winter Haven
    Gary

3. We did 7 of these years ago, Harryb was the host, they were epic l

I’m in for sure

4. I remember them well Randy. Harry was always very gracious in having everyone over to his home during the event. Depending upon when it would be held I'm in.

5. Sounds like a great time, would like to attend. Haven’t really been back to the Cocoa area since spring of 72, while at Rollins in Winter Park, probably spent every weekend surfing at either Canaveral Pier or down by Sebastian Inlet. Love to see how things have changed and meet other members.

6. Thanks for responding. I'll start looking at dates and if there are any events happening. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the launch schedule is cooperating but that could change as things are getting rescheduled due to the continuing government shutdown. If we have enough people traveling, I'll talk to a few of the hotels and see if I can get a group rate.

7. A good idea I would be interested as well.

8. I would drive over for this one. Count me in.

9. If the dates work, I might be convinced to take a flight.

10. I loved it the last time I was in Florida -- many years ago now -- and I'd love to be able to participate again in a group gathering there but right now for various reasons I'm not seeing that as possible....I will definitely enjoy the images that come out of this event, though!

11. Tony-b didn't mention that I'm a Sony guy... he bought my last Nikon (though I'd never rule out having another by the time this event rolls around).

Can I still play? Can I also post on Amin's Talk E-Mount forum?

12. I can set up a Shoot 'n Suds at Long Doggers the night before or during.

13. Of course

14. Anytime and yes, please share with the Sony folks.

15. cgilyeat

cgilyeat

Sep 30, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    Just saw this, just about anytime will work since I live in Melbourne.

16. I’m in if the dates will work for me

17. Viera, Florida meet-up dates are the weekend of March 29-31st. More information in the Poll post thread. Please contact me for any local information needed.

Tony

• Like Like x 1
  18. Can't make that weekend. Maybe next time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.