Cheeky Squirrel Photo Crasher, Nat. Geographic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was already posted in another thread. I ask you, no I urge you to please remove the photo. It is a copyright violation (Photo by Melissa Brandts, nationalgeographic.com) and could get the Cafe in trouble.

Please understand the importance of respecting copyright issues (which you didn't) and of crediting the original author (which you also did not). We are photographers, aren't we?

This was already posted in another thread. I ask you, no I urge you to please remove the photo. It is a copyright violation (Photo by Melissa Brandts, nationalgeographic.com) and could get the Cafe in trouble.

Please understand the importance of respecting copyright issues (which you didn't) and of crediting the original author (which you also did not). We are photographers, aren't we?
I'll credit it, now that I know where it came from. Get off your high horse though - I got it off some other site which didn't credit it. It's the internet.

I'll credit it, now that I know where it came from. Get off your high horse though - I got it off some other site which didn't credit it. It's the internet.
Not a high horse. "It's the internet" is not a valid response. I would get very upset if somebody posted my photo without permission and attribution. There is something called copyright, and the site clearly says: "© 2008 National Geographic Society. All rights reserved". You may or may not care about your pictures and where they go, but you are putting the Cafe at risk and as photographers we should all care.

Not a high horse. "It's the internet" is not a valid response. I would get very upset if somebody posted my photo without permission and attribution. There is something called copyright, and the site clearly says: "© 2008 National Geographic Society. All rights reserved". You may or may not care about your pictures and where they go, but you are putting the Cafe at risk and as photographers we should all care.
I fixed it, give it a rest.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Changed the image to the link, thanks for posting the information for the photo,

as a reminder from the rules:
Posts which contain unauthorized, illegal, or otherwise improper use of any material (images or narrative text) which are clearly not the property of the poster will be removed by Cafe moderators, and the Cafe reserves the right to ban users who regularly violate this restriction. Note that brief quotes of materials from others is not considered improper, as long as proper attribution is made.
Also, it is a good time to close this thread.

Wade
the moderating team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom