1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cheeky Squirrel Photo Crasher, Nat. Geographic

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Varmint, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varmint

Varmint

Apr 21, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2009
  2. This was already posted in another thread. I ask you, no I urge you to please remove the photo. It is a copyright violation (Photo by Melissa Brandts, nationalgeographic.com) and could get the Cafe in trouble.

Please understand the importance of respecting copyright issues (which you didn't) and of crediting the original author (which you also did not). We are photographers, aren't we?

3. Varmint

Varmint

Apr 21, 2009
    Boston, MA
    I'll credit it, now that I know where it came from. Get off your high horse though - I got it off some other site which didn't credit it. It's the internet.

4. Not a high horse. "It's the internet" is not a valid response. I would get very upset if somebody posted my photo without permission and attribution. There is something called copyright, and the site clearly says: "© 2008 National Geographic Society. All rights reserved". You may or may not care about your pictures and where they go, but you are putting the Cafe at risk and as photographers we should all care.

5. Varmint

Varmint

Apr 21, 2009
    Boston, MA
    I fixed it, give it a rest.

6. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Changed the image to the link, thanks for posting the information for the photo,

as a reminder from the rules:
    Also, it is a good time to close this thread.

Wade
    the moderating team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.