Cherry Blossom Festival - COMPLETED

I found the dates for the festival. They are March 26 - April 10

I was wondering if we could decide on a weekend to go. I would need to have some notice so I could find a hotel to stay. Even though I have family to stay with, I would not feel right just staying there so I could go to the festival so I would rather get a hotel.

Anyone interested in this event let me know. I think it would be a great time for all of us to get together and share our knowledge and at the same time have a ball!!!

Melissa

Re: Cherry Blossom Festival - Who wants to go for an outing?

Catz said:

I was wondering if we could decide on a weekend to go. I would need to have some notice so I could find a hotel to stay. Even though I have family to stay with, I would not feel right just staying there so I could go to the festival so I would rather get a hotel.

Anyone interested in this event let me know. I think it would be a great time for all of us to get together and share our knowledge and at the same time have a ball!!!

Melissa
Count me in! We've got a guest room and live 2 miles outside the beltway.

I recommend going during a weekday rathen than the week-end to avoid the locals who will also want to see the blossoms. It's all going to depend on when they bloom. Right now we're having a late winter.

Official site
http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/cms/index.php?id=390

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-03-03-blossoms-dc_x.htm

"Following their statements, Rob DeFeo, Chief Horticulturist of the National Park Service, announced this year’s blooming prediction. Based upon the stage that the trees are in now, he predicted that the blooming period will be APRIL 4 - APRIL 9. "

Rich :D :D :D

Rich Gibson said:
Catz said:

Melissa

Thanks for your interest Rich, but how do we get more people interested in going. So far it is just you and I but hopefully more will go. I guess I could bribe them into going by letting them use my D2X...LOL...Right??? :D As for the guest room I appreciate the offer but I would feel like I was intruding.

We are having a cold spell here in Virginia Beach too and it doesn't look like it is getting any better temperature wise. I think a good time to go would be on the prediction of the blossoms blooming Apr 4-9.

The only reason I suggested a weekend is because, others usually have to work and I have class I go to once a week.

I'm sure we will all work it out.

Melissa :)

Catz said:
Rich Gibson said:
Catz said:

Melissa

Thanks for your interest Rich, but how do we get more people interested in going. So far it is just you and I but hopefully more will go. I guess I could bribe them into going by letting them use my D2X...LOL...Right??? :D As for the guest room I appreciate the offer but I would feel like I was intruding.

We are having a cold spell here in Virginia Beach too and it doesn't look like it is getting any better temperature wise. I think a good time to go would be on the prediction of the blossoms blooming Apr 4-9.

The only reason I suggested a weekend is because, others usually have to work and I have class I go to once a week.

I'm sure we will all work it out.

Melissa :)
Well, we could keep bumping this every few days. I'm certain our host wouldn't mind since it is a famous event.

I suggest a post in DPR. If you do it, I'll respond. I saw a few posts there recently about locating good photo shops in the Washington DC area. It is likely that many of the respondents live in the area.

No problem with the week-end at all. There'll be a lot of folks though unless we start really early. Actually if we get a clear day a sunrise session may prove extra special.

Anyone else here at the cafe interested in participating? We could gather at my house and carpool to the tidal basin. Parking's going to be an issue.

Rich

Interested...

Rich/Melissa -

I'm definitely interested, but I can't really commit just yet. My current work situation makes it very difficult to plan more than a couple weeks in advance.

As others here can attest, though, I tend to find ways of making things happen more often than not. :)

PGB

I made this post a sticky. Please PM me when it is time to remove from this position.

Thanks,

WOWWWWW

Something I have always wanted to go to. I love Washington Historical sites.

Not sure I can pull it off though :<(((

I hope you get a bunch of folks to go. The Florida session was great and anyone would love to do it.

Thanks Melissa and Rich.

Regards
Gale

Rich Gibson said:
Melissa,

Are you going to post a thread in DPR or would you like me to do it?

Rich
Rich,

If you don't mind, I think we might get more people to go if you post it on DPR because I am a new Nikon shooter so if I post it, it might be overlooked. Let me know if you do. I would like to read it.

Thank you so much Rich,

Melissa

Catz said:
Rich Gibson said:
Melissa,

Are you going to post a thread in DPR or would you like me to do it?

Rich
Rich,

If you don't mind, I think we might get more people to go if you post it on DPR because I am a new Nikon shooter so if I post it, it might be overlooked. Let me know if you do. I would like to read it.

Thank you so much Rich,

Melissa
Melissa,

I just posted the invitation on DPR.

Rich

B

billT

Catz said:

Melissa
HI Melissa,

Please count me in as well. Is this the same thing that Rich Gibson is organizing?

BillT

billT said:
Catz said:

Melissa
HI Melissa,

Hi Bill,

It sure is...Rich just sent me a note saying everyone should know about 2 weeks in advance. It sure will be nice to meet you and everyone that shows up. Thanks for participating Bill.

Melissa

Please count me in as well. Is this the same thing that Rich Gibson is organizing?

BillT

Doug Barber said:
You people REALLY need to hold these things a little closer....lol
I would come if it was at least in the northern USA....
Do they have cheery trees up there?
Come on Doug, bring your wife on a surprise trip to DC. She will love it. Just think, she can get away from the cold for a few days. Fun, Fun, Fun,

Melissa

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom