Cherry Blossom Festival - COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Catz, Mar 3, 2005.

1. I found the dates for the festival. They are March 26 - April 10

I was wondering if we could decide on a weekend to go. I would need to have some notice so I could find a hotel to stay. Even though I have family to stay with, I would not feel right just staying there so I could go to the festival so I would rather get a hotel.

Anyone interested in this event let me know. I think it would be a great time for all of us to get together and share our knowledge and at the same time have a ball!!!

Melissa

2. If the US of A wasn't 10 000 miles away, I'd be there in 1/8000th of a second...

3. Thanks for the thought Bendheim

and if we get this get together, we will be thinking of you being there and will post pictures for you for sure.

Melissa

4. Re: Cherry Blossom Festival - Who wants to go for an outing?

Count me in! We've got a guest room and live 2 miles outside the beltway.

I recommend going during a weekday rathen than the week-end to avoid the locals who will also want to see the blossoms. It's all going to depend on when they bloom. Right now we're having a late winter.

Official site
    http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/cms/index.php?id=390

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-03-03-blossoms-dc_x.htm

"Following their statements, Rob DeFeo, Chief Horticulturist of the National Park Service, announced this year’s blooming prediction. Based upon the stage that the trees are in now, he predicted that the blooming period will be APRIL 4 - APRIL 9. "

Rich :D :D :D

5. Re: Cherry Blossom Festival - Who wants to go for an outing?

6. Re: Cherry Blossom Festival - Who wants to go for an outing?

7. Interested...

Rich/Melissa -

I'm definitely interested, but I can't really commit just yet. My current work situation makes it very difficult to plan more than a couple weeks in advance.

As others here can attest, though, I tend to find ways of making things happen more often than not. :)

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I made this post a sticky. Please PM me when it is time to remove from this position.

Thanks,

9. Patrick,

Where on this forum would be a good place to post this? If you have an idea then move it and let us know where you moved it too.

Thanks,

Melissa

10. Melissa,

Are you going to post a thread in DPR or would you like me to do it?

Rich

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOWWWWW

Something I have always wanted to go to. I love Washington Historical sites.

Not sure I can pull it off though :<(((

I hope you get a bunch of folks to go. The Florida session was great and anyone would love to do it.

Thanks Melissa and Rich.

Regards
    Gale

12. You people REALLY need to hold these things a little closer....lol
    I would come if it was at least in the northern USA....
    Do they have cheery trees up there?

13. Rich,

If you don't mind, I think we might get more people to go if you post it on DPR because I am a new Nikon shooter so if I post it, it might be overlooked. Let me know if you do. I would like to read it.

Thank you so much Rich,

Melissa

14. I wish Gale and Doug could make it too. We will miss you. Thanks for the thought though.

Doug, as for Cherry trees further up north, I'm not sure. That is something I would have to look into for you.

Melissa

15. Melissa,

I just posted the invitation on DPR.

Rich

16. Thank you Rich so much!!!

17. billT

billT Guest

Re: Cherry Blossom Festival - Who wants to go for an outing?

HI Melissa,

Please count me in as well. Is this the same thing that Rich Gibson is organizing?

BillT

18. Re: Cherry Blossom Festival - Who wants to go for an outing?

19. Come on Doug, bring your wife on a surprise trip to DC. She will love it. Just think, she can get away from the cold for a few days. Fun, Fun, Fun,

Melissa

20. Hi Peter,

If I could afford you a plane ticket, I would make sure were here for this field trip that I am looking for :)