Cherry Blossoms - Washington D.C. 2007 - Part 1

Here are some late afternoon shots of the Cherry Blossoms from the Tidal Basin, Washington D.C. I prefer early morning shots but when I went down over the weekend it was very cloudy - the sun never 'came up' that morning. Comparing morning to evening, the blossoms are lit better in the morning than evening. This is a different perspective from last year when we had had three solid days of early morning sunshine with no wind. This year there was a breeze everytime I was there and rain/wind several times during the bloom. Peak bloom seemed to be much shorter as well. Enjoy - more to come.

144641476-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

144641438-L.jpg

144641444-L.jpg

144641461-L.jpg

144641453-L.jpg

Hi Mark! Nice to see you today at Costco. You were among the fortunate few. The early blooms really surprised us. Nice shots. I like the first best.

Rich

Hi Mark! Nice to see you today at Costco. You were among the fortunate few. The early blooms really surprised us. Nice shots. I like the first best.

Rich

Thank you Rich - it was nice to see you and Carolyn as well.

I will post some more tonight.

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Very nice Mark. I would love to see those first hand, just cant bring myself to deal with the numbers of people so I am glad to enjoy through your fine images.
Dave

M

Mitchell-Krog

Very nice Mark. Must be great to walk through those masses of blossoming trees. Makes me pine for Spring. We are just entering Winter here in the Southern Hemisphere.

Very nice Mark. I would love to see those first hand, just cant bring myself to deal with the numbers of people so I am glad to enjoy through your fine images.
Dave

Dave, if you get there at dawn, the only one's there have Nikons or Cannons. We usually only stay 2 hours and then head about when people start getting there - also it should be a week day - on weekends people arrive earlier than during the week.

Very nice Mark. Must be great to walk through those masses of blossoming trees. Makes me pine for Spring. We are just entering Winter here in the Southern Hemisphere.

Thanks Mitch - the blossoms really do add a lot to the tidal basin compared to the reast of the year.

I love the closeups of the blossoms! Very nice, Mark! I'm glad that you got down there to do some shooting at the right time, since Rich and i both pretty much missed the boat....

No Connie - I think you were just on the 'Alabama boat' this time - thanks - Mark

Latest threads

Top Bottom