Cherry Blossoms - Washington D.C. 2007 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Vienna Pics, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Hello, here are a few more:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Nice Mark. I really like 4 and 5. You must have hit one of the few peak days before the rain/wind.

3. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thanks Chris, yes it was a short bloom this year. Last year was much better.

4. Yes Mark, I like 3&4. The 120-300 showed up. When and where do we shoot birds? :smile:

Rich

5. I love the last shot most .... the lighting is quite dramatic and shows off the cherry blossoms best. NICE.

6. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Rich - congrats on the new lens. I would try Belle Haven Marina just off of GW Parkway. You can park right there and the Osprey at the nest are very active. If you want to go for a walk, there is a trail down into the marsh right along the driveway into the marina. The Huntely Meadows marsh just to the west is very good too with lots of ducks and other wildlife. If you want to go down there some Friday, let me know.

7. Sounds interesting, maybe Mark (Vienna Pix) and Connie (Clix Pix) would like to go along.

Rich

8. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Great. Next Friday would work for me. I can meet you guys around 1200. Huntley Meadows may be the best place.

9. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you Mitch.

10. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Can we do a early morning or late afternoon shot at Huntley?

11. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Rich - Huntley?? - see other post in this thread - the refuge below Lorton has been dry.

12. Hey, sounds good to me! I was going to suggest that we all get together and go shooting so Rich could test out his new lens, so I'm glad to see this post! :smile: I've been wanting to get back to Huntley Meadows again, since it's been a long time since my last visit.

When you say "next Friday,' do you mean tomorrow (the 20th) or the following Friday (the 27th? I can do just about any time, early AM, mid-day, late PM....

Hey, Mark, I like these photos -- sure was a short blossoming season this year! Since I missed this year's entirely, I'm so glad we had such a great opportunity last spring to really shoot some beautiful trees and blossoms! That last photo in particular is quite lovely.

13. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    I hope to have a new D50 by this Saturday morning and hope to get to Huntley to let her try it out. She has soccer at 11:30 so we need to get there and out before 10:00. Krispy Kreme is right down the road - great coffee.

14. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    I am free on the 27th and can meet you guys around 1200. Please feel free to go down there prior but I plan on going on the 27th too so join me if you can.

15. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thanks Connie - I plan to go first thing this Saturday - my guess is you will have to work. Next Friday - next week - early morning would work for me.

16. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Chris, I would be interested but will most likely have to work that day - I will have to see what is going on later on next week.

17. What is your interpretation of "first thing?" :smile:

Rich

18. Hee, hee, Rich.....methinks Mark means something like 7:00 AM!!!!

Yes, unfortunately I do have to work this Saturday, so won't be able to join you then. Next Friday I definitely am available!

19. ugh! Well I'll try. Mark let's pm and see about meeting somewhere. I want to drive for a bit of flexibility.

Rich

20. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    I'll PM you guys sometime next week about meeting Friday the 27th at Huntley Meadows. Enjoy the day on Saturday.