Cherry Bowl Last swim meet of the season

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by mike mac, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Saturday was Cherry Bowl the last meet of the season, it consist of 13 teams competing for both team and individual performances. This is the best of the best meet, and let me tell you these kids are good. My of older kids are going to school on swimming scholarships. The level of competition is intense and the pageantry of the event is second to none with a huge parade of swimmers prior to the event with the teams dressed in different costumes and themes. All teakne with the D2X and the Nikon 300 f4
    Breaststroke
    original.
    Butterfly
    View attachment 13070
    Backstroke start
    View attachment 13071
    Freestyle
    View attachment 13072
    The start
    View attachment 13073
    The litte ones were nervous
    View attachment 13074
    or happy
    View attachment 13075
    Nice hairdo
    View attachment 13076
    Breaststroke
    View attachment 13077
    This young lady broke a cherrybowl record that stood for 17 years
    11-12 girls 50 free 28.75 seconds
    View attachment 13078

2. Mike,

Excellent (as usual). Did you use HSC or normal mode?

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I always enjoy your swim meet shots. As per your usual overachieving self...these are wonderful! The kid w/the mohawk is a riot! Wonder if his mom knew he did it before or after the fact...

Shots 1 and 2 really show the determination of those kids, but out of all of them, #4 is my favorite. The angle and colors is just great. Thanks for sharing.

4. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Excellent shots! You really did seem to capture the competetive will their!

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Michael,

You nailed those images. Great water...wonderful color...and love the determination captured in their facial expressions. Outstanding job...as always!!!

6. Wonderful clear and detailed shots Mike!! Love the mow hawk!! :D :D :D

7. Your swimming shots are becoming legend Mike. Another great set, they don't come better than this.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Mike,
    Your team had a rough and emotional year. Great images. Shows the great determination and competition.

Good job.

9. Thanks everyone

I twas a difficult season for the team but they pulled through it all and gave their best, it was a pleasure to follow and document it

10. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Mike
    Great series sorry I have to wait a while for the next of these pictures

On the last :Are that the initials on her arm, of the ones that so tragedily died this season?

11. Yes Hans they are intials of the two young swimmers they have lost to tragedy over the past two seasons