Chess grand master

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Watch out for this serious hustler (my son)!

43375136-L.

2. Boy he sure is deep into his plan. Your thread got stuck in cyber space and hit 6 times. you can delete the others. this is a nice shot.
    Dave

3. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    Great use of DOF. Just draws the viewer right to his eyes.
    Great job Mitch

4. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    I'd have to second that. It should be used to demonstrate the concept.

Tom

5. Excellent shot, Mitch. Captured his focus and concentration, and very nice DOF.

6. Thanks for the nice comments.

I took this shot at f1.8 with the 85mm, f1.8 to try and achieve the DOF I was looking for. I was impressed with the nice bokeh in the foreground as well as the background. This lens is truly a bargain for portraits.

7. I have to agree about the use of DOF! Very effective and a great shot!

8. Thanks for the nice comment.

I couldn't help but laugh at how everyone here enjoys my use of the DOF in this photo. I posted it as a potential challenge entry on another site, and I got a number of negative comments regarding my shallow DOF!

Go figure! I realize this is all purely subjective, but I had to chuckle at the lack of taste on the other board.:rolleyes:

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think that is a great shot.
    Yes the DOF makes the image.

Great memories in that image :>)))

10. Love this shot Mitchell! What do you expect from the other site l they shoot mostly with Canon?

11. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    This is one of my favorite shots you've posted. I think its perfect. I agree the blurred chess board makes the shot. I mean, we all know what he is doing. If the DOF were different I think the shot would have been too busy.

Nice work,

12. Very well done nice presentation love the intensity in his eyes

13. Excellent shot. I was amazed that they have a chess club at the school where my 6 year old granddaughter attends. I don't think I had even heard of chess at that tender age.

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gordon,

My son and his father played chess when he was about 5. That is when he taught him. Amazing what kids learn if you take the time. Like learning 2-3 languages by 3 if it is spoken in the home. They are big sponges.

Look at some of the guys kids on here with the cameras.

Truly amazing and great.