Chicago.....A Great Town!!!!

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by AJD, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Very nice, that sculpture is really cool.

2. nice photos. It looks like a huge chrome jelly bean, lol.

3. AJD

AJD

Apr 19, 2006
    St Charles, IL
    Yep...they call it the "bean". The real name is "Cloudscape" and it is beautiful in real life as well. I was lucky and got there before there were any people around. The down side of that is that you don't get a sense of scale. The object is about as large a 3000 square feet, two story home.

4. pjwarneka

pjwarneka

Oct 30, 2006
    great shots.

Yeah, they sent $25 MILLION dollars on buffing out the seams on that bean.

5. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Al, Great shots and a very interesting approach. I particularly like the last two. I've tried to shoot those views each time I've been to Millennium but have never been successful. You have certainly found the key. The shapes and lines are fantastic.
    Mike

6. Ok how the heck do you take a photo of a reflective jelly bean and not cast your reflection in it?

You a vampire? Or did you clone your self out? :biggrin: :smile:

7. I was wondering how you got the bean with no people! Good shots!

8. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    he's there. look for his legs. :wink:

:biggrin: :biggrin:

9. Fantastic shots and good angle.

10. AJD

AJD

Apr 19, 2006
    St Charles, IL
    Thanks everyone for looking and commenting on my images. I realize these structures have been shot a million times before. I am trying for a different look and perspective.

I was just lucky in regards to the lack of people/tourists in the scenes. I was there fairly early in the morning but more likely it was due to the extreme cold.....25F. I think the lack of peole add to the drama of the sculpture and the scenes. The B&W treatment with a little blur in the background help as well...at least that is view.

Thanks again,
    Al

11. Well worth it when you think of all the silly things they could have spent that money on....

(OK... that's sarcasm if you didn't figure it out <g>)