Chicago Air & Water Show - Practice Pics

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by frankier, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Just few pics from today's practice = Show will be Fri-Sun and I am sure that much better pics will be posted by the Cafe members in attendance.

All taken with a D300 and 18-200 with a Nikon CPL (but few with a 10-20 Sigma). S-priority (@1000) and auto iso (max 400) to help with the (relatively limited) aperture of the 18-200. Minimal PP (not much time).

The practice was from 11AM - 4PM and was dominated by the Blue Angels. Brief appeareance of a 4 small props with sponsors colors/insignia and one cargo (c130?) which is the Blue Angels support.

AM: mostly passages of 4 Angels .... PM: the Angels (6 of them) went over all their show. There were not too many people and, due to the breeze on the beach. it was a very enjoyable experience for the kids and me and my wife (+MIL).

It was a beautiful day in Chicago sunny and cool .....

Chicago1.jpg

Chicago3.jpg

..... found a nice spot on the beach ......

Spot.jpg

.... and waited

YoursTruly.jpg

for this .....

Angel01.jpg .....

Angel02.jpg

Angel03.jpg

Amgel04.jpg

Angel05.jpg

Angel06.jpg

Angel07.jpg

Angel08.jpg

Not many photographers out there ..... just this rebellious :eek: guy (at least around me)

AnotherOne1.jpg

Four prop carrying the sponsors' colors showed up in the PM

Sponsor1.jpg

.... along with the Angels support C130 (I think)

Cargp1.jpg

..... and the waterman ($1 per bottle :eek:) - Not bad considering what it costs at the ball park! :rolleyes:

WaterMan.jpg

We met a couple of nice USAF pilots walking the beach preparing for their piece ....

USAFPilots.jpg

..... and that was it

Overall, a nice day spent at the beach with the family.

I hope you enjoyed the pics.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice, just the right stuff to wet the whistle. Weather looks perfect today and tomorrow, too. I'm looking forward to bursting away. Thanks for sharing your images.

3. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Great shots frankier, nicely done with the 18-200. I was there for about an hour or so and didn't get nearly as many good shots as you did. I'm going to try to get there again this afternoon to see if I can improve a bit.
    Ken

4. Guys, you are welcome. I had fun shooting and putting the pics out here....

Look forward to your reportage.:smile: