Chicago - chilly Easter

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Elf_8, Apr 21, 2007.

1. My wife and I spent the Easter week-end in Chicago. Thanks to Ben and Frank for their advices in the Wanderlust Forum. We had a great holiday and discovered a wonderful place. And I shot, and shot, and shot, most of the time from the bottom of the city canyons...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest of the gallery can be seen here.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2007
  2. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    I looked at your gallery and the Chicago you have captured is just superb. You have a great eye and your style is so unique. Thank you for sharing your perspective of Chicago with the rest of us.

3. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Wonderful pictures. Keep on shooting & sharing with us.

4. Wow those are some great pictures.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice series of images Christian, here and on your link. You really did a nice job capturing the City of Chicago. I sure wish that the weather was a bit more inviting, but this is what you get here in the early spring. Thanks for making our city look so great through your viewfinder.

6. Christian
    I very much enjoyed this series and the link! Looks like you enjoyed your holiday.
    Dave

7. andras gy

andras gy Guest

Beautiful series of photos, also on your web site!

8. very nice serie, it look like you use a wide angle lens for most of the shots?

9. I'm glad you appreciated. It has been a strong photographic experience. but that's what's great in travelling : as you see the surroundings for the first time, it stimulates your creativity.
    And yes, Gilles, 90 % were taken with the Sigma 10-20. It felt great for the big picture. Some of these wide angle shots in my gallery are severely re-processed to correct the parallax. This one here, for example :
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007
  10. blessedLens

blessedLens

Apr 20, 2007
    Maryland
    wow that second photo is amazing.

11. Christian, that's one of the best sets of shots I've seen on the web. You sure do know how to handle those lenses.

I went to school down by Navy Pier in '62 and '63....you've done a remarkable job of conveying the muscle of the place. And personally, it's nice to see the Wrigley Building and some of the other oldies that I remember so well. Thanks for a wonderful (photo) trip!