1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Chicago chosen as US city for 2016 Olympics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jemaerca, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Still a long road ahead, but the prospect of having the Olympics in Chicago is very exciting!

2. Woo Hoo! I was born and raised in Chicago! Frank (Eng45ne), did you hear that?

Next we'll see the Cubbies win the pennant! :wink:

Rich

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Quite a stir here in Chicago, I can't imagine the traffic situation. Maybe if I can ever get my act together, someone will credential me to shoot some sports action.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Frank, do you think you will get any time off. Wow what a zoo it will be.
    I sure hope you get the opportunity though.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Time off? If I am still alive...., I will have been retired from the FD for seven years.

6. HappyFish

HappyFish

Oct 19, 2006
    When they were in Atlanta it did not play out as you might think. On 400 the main drag North out of Atlanta looked empty. Everybody bought a big tv, a stack of tapes, took vaction and batten down the hatches and did not move till the thing was over. People with craft shops stacked stuff to the roof thinking that they were going to be covered up. Didn`t happen! I have 50 to 75 sales a day on Sat & Sun. We had maby 5 a day. And after it was over people did not return to their old ways over night. It was the worst summer sales wise we ever had. I wish that I had closed the farm and gone to see as many things as I could have gotten seats for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.