Chicago, IL

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Cory Cooper, May 25, 2005.

1. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    A shot taken with an old Nikon FG for a photogaphy class in college - circa 1985. Scanned with an Epson Perfection 2450 Photo from the original negative.

[​IMG]

Got an A- by the way. ;)

2. MikeG

MikeG

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Well done!

You deserved the grade.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    A minus??

What'd your teacher say "you blew out the sky"? ;)

Very nice graphic quality. 1985, so probably no computer assistance, or did you? I really like the repeating windows, getting paler in steps.

Do you like it without the words?

4. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Thanks PhotoDawg

5. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Can't remember what his comments were...him and I didn't see eye-to-eye anyway. But, isn't that one of the beauties of photography -- people interpret captures in their own way?

The sky is slightly blown out, but it was an overcast, rainy day and from my recollection, the sky was a very light grey as in the photo.

I added the text to it later (obviously), but this is not far from my original print in every other way.

I found the original scan of the negative and redid the shot, slightly larger, without the lettering, a slightly tighter crop, and the highlights and shadows tweaked a bit...

[​IMG]

You like?

C