Chicago, IL

A shot taken with an old Nikon FG for a photogaphy class in college - circa 1985. Scanned with an Epson Perfection 2450 Photo from the original negative.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Got an A- by the way. ;)

Real Name
Chris
A minus??

What'd your teacher say "you blew out the sky"? ;)

Very nice graphic quality. 1985, so probably no computer assistance, or did you? I really like the repeating windows, getting paler in steps.

Do you like it without the words?

Chris101 said:
A minus??

What'd your teacher say "you blew out the sky"? ;)

Very nice graphic quality. 1985, so probably no computer assistance, or did you? I really like the repeating windows, getting paler in steps.

Do you like it without the words?
Can't remember what his comments were...him and I didn't see eye-to-eye anyway. But, isn't that one of the beauties of photography -- people interpret captures in their own way?

The sky is slightly blown out, but it was an overcast, rainy day and from my recollection, the sky was a very light grey as in the photo.

I added the text to it later (obviously), but this is not far from my original print in every other way.

I found the original scan of the negative and redid the shot, slightly larger, without the lettering, a slightly tighter crop, and the highlights and shadows tweaked a bit...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You like?

C

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom