Chicago Mini Get Togethers

Discussion in 'People' started by Phil K, Jun 2, 2007.

1. I have a great day in Chicago meeting several Cafe friends - Frank(eng45ine), Rich Gibson, Ben(FishSauce), Ty(tommerifc) and Jim(spudsbud) took me around the see the beautiful city of Chicago, and Marie Boyer joined us for lunch. Weather cannot be better, and these people are the greatest.

Rich
    original.

Frank
    View attachment 98658

Frank, with water coming out from his ear
    View attachment 98659

Jim
    View attachment 98660

Ben
    View attachment 98661

Jim and Frank
    View attachment 98662

Ty and Jim
    View attachment 98663

Jim and Rich
    View attachment 98664

Frank again
    View attachment 98665

And a group self-portrait
    View attachment 98666

2. This is a crack up, I'll bet you all created a stir wherever you went. :biggrin: Sure nice to see the boys having fun with their toys. :wink:

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Love that group self portrait.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

4. Hilarious!

Seems you had a ball......or was it a bean :Crunk:

5. Great stuff! What fun, I can feel it!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is just super great..

7. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Oh, what fun! Yep, next time we'll definitely have to join you all!

Love the group self-portrait!

8. Wonderful, Phil. The last shot is priceless!

9. Hey Phil -

What a great time you all must have had!

Chicago is an amazing city, with so much public art and so many photo possibilities. To be there with fine weather is a bonus!

Thanks for sharing these.

Eric

10. Gentlemen, and Lady.. Marie.. !
    It was a genuine Joy, an Honor, and a Privledge to meet you all who I've come to know, admire and consider as friends.
    Frank especially, thank you so much for extending me the invitation.
    Folks WE all had a blast! Many of your ears should be ringing, over lunch and laughs more than a few names came up.
    What a place this is!!
    My very Best to all, I loved every minute of it.
    Ohh and btw... guys.. only 8 kids showed up to my Son's baseball game so they had to forfeit.. go figure !

a few of my own pix tomorrow!

11. sic1

sic1

Feb 9, 2007
    Chicago IL
    Thanks for inviting me........ dam you all!

12. Fantastic photos Phil! I just wish I could have stayed with you guys for the rest of the afternoon! Loved meeting all of you. Thanks so much for meeting me downtown!

13. Frank, with water coming out from his ear
    original.

Always ready with water to put out a fire in any way necessary!

14. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    We had a small, but elite group yesterday and I really enjoyed myself. It was outstanding to meet new friends and to embrace those who we already knew. Not a moment of awkward silence, just a wonderful time that lasted all day. So glad that the weather cooperated so we weren't forced to be indoors in a museum all day. Stopping for a luncheon with MarieBoyer was such a good time, the conversation was so enjoyable, only wish that she could have spent the day along with us exploring the city. The worst part of the day was saying goodbye, but there will certainly be future get-togethers.

15. I do love the shot of Frank with water coming out his ear!! No *wonder* he got into fire fighting! :biggrin:

16. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I'm just thankful that they didn't want me to turn to the side so the water was coming out of my mouth! :eek:

17. Looks like you had a fun time.

18. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Looks like everyone had a great time in Chicago. Glad the weather was great for you all.

19. What fun pictures!!! I am enjoying being able to see all these photos and participate in your adventures vicariously! It sure looks as though you guys had just a great day! I imagine that even as I am typing people are now gathering at Frank's for the party!