Chicago morning skyline and Blue Ridge panorama

I have always had an interest in creating panoramas and had great intentions a few years ago when I decided to do my first one of the morning Chicago skyline. I headed out one morning and took these images. And then life got in the way and they have been sitting on my hard drive ever since. Since then, I've moved and looking to get some images printed and hung on the walls, I thought this would be a good one to add some others Chicago area images around. And now I'm saying "portrait framing, dummy, portrait framing." I won't be back north for until September so maybe I'll get the chance to reshoot this. Still, it didn't turn out too bad. The raw TIFF export has a lot of detail and able to read the signs on the Congress Hotel, and CNA, Borg Warner and Prudential buildings.
Chicago Pano_Crop.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I took this one with my Fuji XE-2 when doing a motorcycle tour on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
DSCF0408-Pano.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Both of these were stitched and processed in Lightroom. I'm still interested in learning more about panos and now looking for some good locations in central Florida.

Very nice i love panos . The Blue Ridge is lovely, the clear air gives me hope for the future. I have a folder full of them. Panos can be very handy. I make Macro panos, some have 4 1/2 " of DOF from 30 images, so as a tool the technique can be very handy, I have also shot 24" DOF in museum lighting. Have fun, I think it is an overlooked tool in our kits.

Latest threads

Top Bottom