Chicago Panorama #2

I recently posted a shot of the same subject, and several people suggested a wider, taller view. I did shoot a 2 row set that same day, but missed some of the upper left subject. I went ahead and stitched those images today, having to crop tight on the left, and this is the result.

99990620.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I plan on re-doing this view, taking care to include more than enough detail next time. C&C welcomed.

Thanks Leungphotography and Joey - Now I hope to get back and shoot it early in the day so there's no backlighting issues and see how that works. I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Much better. I hope you catch the flags blowing fully next time as you did this time. Opps, that's a silly statement given you are in the Windy City. :smile: Like Greg, I would enjoy a bit more contrast. Perhaps timing the shot for good use of a CP would be helpful. Am looking forward to your next one.

Regards,

Much better. I hope you catch the flags blowing fully next time as you did this time. Opps, that's a silly statement given you are in the Windy City. :smile: Like Greg, I would enjoy a bit more contrast. Perhaps timing the shot for good use of a CP would be helpful. Am looking forward to your next one.

Regards,

Thanks Barry - I might try re-doing this one with a bit more contrast, too.

C

cosilver

Very nicely done. Crisp and sharp, nice composition. The only suggestion I have is this: it looks like you did some perspective correction on it, and it looks fine, but because of it, it looks like the process has also narrowed your picture a little, and thus the subjects in the picture look stretched vertically a little.

I find that when I do perspective correction, I sometimes have to increase the width of the image by 4 - 8 % or so, to bring the picture content width back to its normal size/dimension. The amount to adjust depends on how much perspective correction was done to the image.

Very nicely done. Crisp and sharp, nice composition. The only suggestion I have is this: it looks like you did some perspective correction on it, and it looks fine, but because of it, it looks like the process has also narrowed your picture a little, and thus the subjects in the picture look stretched vertically a little.

I find that when I do perspective correction, I sometimes have to increase the width of the image by 4 - 8 % or so, to bring the picture content width back to its normal size/dimension. The amount to adjust depends on how much perspective correction was done to the image.

Thanks for that suggestion cosilver. I'm not sure how to do that, but I'll look when I am at the computer and play around a bit to see if I can figure it out. I'd guess that you'd need to just know the original width and resize to something close to that number? Thanks again, I hadn't considered that issue at all, but it makes sense.

C

cosilver

Thanks for that suggestion cosilver. I'm not sure how to do that, but I'll look when I am at the computer and play around a bit to see if I can figure it out. I'd guess that you'd need to just know the original width and resize to something close to that number? Thanks again, I hadn't considered that issue at all, but it makes sense.

Hi K, I use PSP X2 to do this, I select "Image Resize", and I increase only the width of the picture to something like 105% while keeping the height at 100%, so Aspect Ratio lock must be turned off when resizing. Usually 105% of image is a good starting point, and then I adjust + or - from there. I'm not sure if taking the original width will work, as perspective correction crops part of the picture, but it may work, I haven't tried it - let me know how it works for you.

Thanks!

Latest threads

Top Bottom