1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Chicago Panorama

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by kgilby, Jul 7, 2008.

1. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    This is the Michigan Avenue Bridge over the Chicago River from last week in downtown Chicago. 7 images stitched using PTGui.

1/125th @ f/10 ISO 200
    99834626.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. licaga

licaga

Jan 7, 2008
    Netherlands
    Peter Vooijs
    great work

peter

3. Nice job. I miss Chicago architecture...

4. ghursh

ghursh

Jul 3, 2007
    Gilbert, AZ
    i like it... but maybe a little bigger...

5. Agreed :biggrin:

6. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks Peter.

7. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks. There certainly is a nice mix of styles here. Calatrava's Spire will hopefully soon be standing not far from where this shot was taken.

8. i've been to that sport
    love chicago
    that is an excellent image

very well done

9. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    George and Joey...

Thanks for commenting. Every time I try this pano, I say the same thing. Next time I will bring the tripod and hopefully get a wider, taller view.

10. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Excellent shot, as I have been to Chicago many times it has a good feel to your photo.

11. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks Greg, I appreciate your comments.

12. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago

Thanks jadlh, it is a very active spot most of the time, one of my favorite places downtown.

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That is beautiful and the stitch work is sweet. I am geared for shooting action, so panos and other landscapes are beyond my scope these days.

14. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks Frank. Well, now you'll have the time to get into all those different areas of photography...

15. No need for tripod on this shot. Maybe stay away from the bridge and shoot a 2 row pano handheld. You'll just need to make sure you turn on your grid lines and take careful note of alignment.

Looking forward to seeing another one.

16. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    I'll be sure to put it up when I get a chance to get back downtown and re-shoot. Thanks.

17. Ron S

Ron S Guest

Nice, I really like this :) 

18. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks Ron, I posted a slightly taller view of the same scene just now, how does it compare?

19. Ron S

Ron S Guest

I don't see the other one you posted? In this thread?

20. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Oh, it's another thread creatively called 'Chicago Panorama #2' :wink: Sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.