Chilly winter

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Keith, Dec 31, 2005.

1. little abstract, I usually dont do this kind of stuff, thought it was cool though. LOL

original.

Old abandoned farm house, owner said 1913 , moved out in late 60's?
    original.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Both are very well done, Keith. When I view the second image, aside from sensing that it is very cold, I also sense that it was perfectly quiet and still. These are very nicely done.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

That second shot is my favorite... I really like photos of old houses like that...

4. Better you than I. Calgary used to be my home until '82, then headed south, first to Denver (they still had winter) and then to Houston in '86. My blood has been thinned now. Today is was 73 degrees and sunny - I was wearing a sweat shirt and a leather bomber with a zip in lining...... Go fugure?

I remember days like those and your pictures just reminded me of something I'd rather forget! Ergo - a great capture!

5. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Very nice shots, I like them both.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Keith,
    Thats to dam cold..

However, it allowed you to create a beautiful image in # 2.

Happy New Year Kiddo :>))))))))

7. Keith -

That second shot is superb. What a heavy frost layer that was!

I'd probably even experiment with enhancing the orange/red intensity of the bricks of the chimney - it's really the only non-monochromatic element of this fine composition, and a little tweak might draw the eye even more.

Thanks for sharing this (and for heading out there to shoot it).

Eric

8. Wow Keith...I adore the second photo.

9. Beautiful, Keith. And it certainly look cold.

10. Thanks Frank and Dave, appreciate the nice comments. Dave I got about 4-5 old farmhouses so be careful what you like :wink: It was just calming going for a nice drive in the country!

11. 73 degrees, we have to put on sun tan lotion so we dont burn at those high temperatures!!! LOL...............man must be tough. I dont think we had 1 day this year 80 or above. We had a realy crappy summer. Having said that we are having a very descent winter. First time in 20 years we never had snow for xmas. Temperatures for past 3 weeks has been -3 to +10 degrees celcius. That is huge for us. Then again Im sure we will pay for it!!

12. Thanks for looking John, Happy New Years!!!

13. this is not cold, this is sun tanning weather in Manitoba! LOL................you floridians are just spoiled :rolleyes: Happy New Years too you too Precious :smile:

14. Interesting perspective Eric, will have to give that a try. It was a heavy frost, as you can see from the skies it was as grey as grey. The other half of the sky was blue so it was rolling through pretty good......

15. HI Melissa, adore is a good word, I got a few other I need to post process, so you might like those too :wink:

Happy New Years, hope you have a happy, healthy and LLD free year :biggrin:

16. Chilly but not cold, shaken but not stired. LOL......... Happy New Years Phil !

17. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Well done ! Especially like the the first one !

Regards

RFC

18. Well thats a first Robert, LOL.........many thanks............ I luved your Pano of NYC. Is that software easy to use???