Chimney Rock

Real Name
Merlin Emrys
Located at Ghost Ranch, northern New Mexico.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Nicely composed and captured! I love this part of the country! After all, I was born in Albuquerque!

I hope to be visiting NM late September! We will be driving from Monte Vista NWR in Colorado to Santa Fe, then on to Albuquerque!

Real Name
Merlin Emrys
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Karen. Autumn is usually the best time here, weather-wise, as I'm sure you know! Warm, sunny days, crisp evenings, and amazing light.

Real Name
Merlin Emrys
Thanks, guys -- much appreciated! It has motivated me to create an online slideshow of Ghost Ranch area images.

Well done, Merlin. Do you live near Ghost Ranch?

My wife and I just returned from a three-week trip through the San Juan Mountains of Colorado which ended with a day in Abiquiu, three days in Los Alamos, and three in Santa Fe. We really love that area. You have so many photo ops just everywhere you look.

Real Name
Merlin Emrys
Thanks for your kind words, Jim -- much appreciated! Sounds like your trip out this way was very expansive and meaningful -- hope you get to do it again soon.

We live about 20 miles southeast of Santa Fe -- Ghost Ranch is about an hour-and-a-half drive. We get up that way for kayaking on Abiquiu Lake and hiking at the ranch about every two years.

Real Name
Merlin Emrys
Thanks very much for your kind and encouraging comments, Rob and Lyndee -- greatly appreciated! The landscape makes it easy to take good photos...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom