1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Chimneys

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by warth man, May 14, 2019.

• Like Like x 2
  1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Nice subject selection, very appropriate for conversion!

2. Dudley5854

Dudley5854

Nov 1, 2018
    Nice shot. If you could have gotten a shot of just the water mountains and sky only would also have been nice.

3. The faint sailboats add so much! Great composition.

4. A really out of the ordinary view!
    And another vote for the great composition.
    The processing works really well for me.

5. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Superb composition! And the sail boats add a subtle "middle ground" to a strong foreground and background that leads the eye into the image. Works perfectly in B&W!

6. Thanks for the comments everyone. I did really like the way the chimneys and the small sailing boats helped to give this shot a period feel so I kept the processing that way too.

7. Works well. Like the period feel.

8. Wonderful comp and b&w! The background has almost a painted effect.

9. Nice shot, I like the processing.

10. Thank you Dayo, Dossy, Binnur. Appreciated.

11. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    That chimney stack/pot design is being copied on current new retro construction. Looks great, what's old is new again.

12. That's interesting. As this place was undergoing a lot of work I wonder if these are old or retro??? Actually, they looked pretty old. Did you notice the wires at the tops? They hold things in place to stop birds nesting on/in the chimneys.

13. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    I don't have that look down angle to tell, but I'm sure they have some type of screen to keep critters out. I've seen a couple, but only on multi-million mansions that copy the old Tudor or Euro Cottage designs.

14. Thanks Mike. I forgot to say that were lots of USA folk around at the time. They seemed to be enjoying themselves.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.